6 2 66.67%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 1 33.33%
10 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

MCS I would definitely play Biedrins as 2 more PG seems like overkill and both PG are prone to inconsistency. I would go Nelson since he will shoot the 3 ball and Rondo won't. But both are prob 4th option or worse offensively. From what I've seen Rondo may take more time to find his role amongst the stars in Boston.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:13 PM

MCS
-Rondo/Nelson are better invdividual plays than Biedrins for 3 games. But yeah, look at toughness of opponents and see what categories you need. If you're overloaded with PG numbers, and Biedrins opposing PF/C that week are somewhat soft go with him.

Vixticator
-Definitely not. Like the Gasol trade, just uncertain about Garcia.

[ QUOTE ]

PG Baron Davis
SG Kirk Hinrich
G Randy Foye
SF Shawn Marion
PF Al Jefferson
F Francisco Garcia
C Dwight Howard
C Al Horford
Util Ime Udoka
Util Rudy Gay
BN Joakim Noah
BN Jose Calderon
BN Damon Stoudamire
BN Elton Brand
BN --empty-- - - - - - - - - -

[/ QUOTE ]

Udoka, Noah (now) are not too useful. Stoudamire will probably go down in value, and you have enough assists. Don't drop Brand. Look at the wire now and get some more useful players.

Good thing is that you need some SG/SF type numbers - quality percentages, 3 PTM, steals and there are plenty of those types floating on the wire all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

I just dropped some guy named Jason Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep watching him, pickup if he improves or gets more PT with good numbers.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20 Team 5 cat league, 6 starters, weakly HTH, my lineup right now

is Andre Miller, Ricky Davis, Shawn Marion, LMA, Kaman, Ryan Gomes.

Not a whole lot on my bench: Jason Williams, Luis Scola, Anthony Parker, Ronny Turiaf. Anyway, got offered Paul Pierce and Rashard Lewis for Marion and Gomes...

[/ QUOTE ]

This trade is relatively close, and when trades are relatively close I look at the best player in the deal which is marion by far.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 PM

I'm new to fantasy basketball but here is my draft from a couple weeks ago:
6. Nowitzki
19. Iguodala
30. Caron Butler
43. Joe Johnson
54. Ben Gordon
67. Randolph
78. Bogut
91. Hilario (yay out for 6 weeks)
102. Jarrett Jack
115. Marvin Williams
126. Craig Smith
139. Jeff Green
150. Pachulia
163. Mourning

All my rankings said I had a sick good draft, but apparently I have almost no assists or blocks. How'd I do?

I was thinking of trading Randolph for a PG with assists, who is a comparable one? Ford?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Rondo/Nelson are better invdividual plays than Biedrins for 3 games. But yeah, look at toughness of opponents and see what categories you need. If you're overloaded with PG numbers, and Biedrins opposing PF/C that week are somewhat soft go with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biedrins is playing against Detroit, Los Angeles Clippers, and Toronto. Unfortunately, that's Rasheed, Kaman, and Bosh, all good players but I don't know if the latter two are any good defensively. Right now I am thinking I'll go with Nelson and Biedrins. I've pretty much decided on Nelson for sure--he had a good game tonight and is just looking solid overall.

My opponent next week only has two guys who are good at big men stats (though those guys are Yao and Duncan), so I'm thinking I may try to play Biedrins and try to grab rebounds/blocks. The rest of my team is pretty strong at steals and I already have several solid PGs, so I think I can lose Rondo and still be competitive in steals and assists, which is all he does. He had 7 assists and 3 steals tonight, but pretty much nothing else.

My team is great at FT% so I can lose a touch there with Biedrins, and very good at FG%, which Biedrins obviously helps. Normally I just go with whoever is playing more games, but I just think Rondo may be sort of redundant.

Another thing is that since most of my players are playing 4, I should have a solid edge in the counting stats anyway, so Biedrins' FG% may carry the day. The way I see it, Biedrins is better at FG%, pts, reb, and blk while Rondo is better at ast, stl, and FT%. Neither one is gonna hit a 3.

This could of course change. Thanks for the help to you and cellobob.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to fantasy basketball but here is my draft from a couple weeks ago:

6. Nowitzki - Good
19. Iguodala - Not the guy I'd choose here, but OK
30. Caron Butler - Hmmm...not my favorite
43. Joe Johnson - Yes!!
54. Ben Gordon - Nope, too early
67. Randolph - Seems fine
78. Bogut - Nice
91. Hilario (yay out for 6 weeks) - Iffy
102. Jarrett Jack - Seems fine at the time, not now really
115. Marvin Williams - Good
126. Craig Smith - Take someone else
139. Jeff Green - OK
150. Pachulia - OK
163. Mourning - Fine I think

All my rankings said I had a sick good draft, but apparently I have almost no assists or blocks. How'd I do?

I was thinking of trading Randolph for a PG with assists, who is a comparable one? Ford?

[/ QUOTE ]

No assists or blocks - that's the key here, you need to draft those stats. So Igoudala and Butler picks are good in terms of single player value, but you missed the big time stat players and went for overall players.

Draft is fair - you need to get better players in certain spots, and overall, it seems as if you missed some of the better players that were still on the board.

Zeebo for Ford seems fine. I'd go for some 2-for-1s and try to get some decent waiver players on your team. Maybe lure in the Tony Parker or Raymond Felton owner with Randolph plus another decent player.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Standard 9 category keeper league.

Keeper League (keep 5).
I'm offered Manu Ginobili and Greg Oden for Carlos Boozer.

If I make that trade, Manu and Oden will be my 2 keepers along with Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady.

My other potentially keepers are (in order of likeliness): Emeka Okafor, Kyle Korver, Andrew Bogut

I don't think I can contend this year. What do you think?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Relative values of Devin Harris and Al Harrington. Discuss.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM

16 team, H2h, 9 cat league.

I have wade, how much value do you think I can get out of him? I have been getting some crazy deals...

a good one i have received is rashard lewis and AK for dwyane wade. Is that crazy good for me? I can't really imagine what's going on there...even though I think AK is a risky play that I'll have to trade away quite soon.

Also, I'm looking to get rid of Kaman and Baron Davis, In general, are you going to be looking to get 2 for 1 for these "star" players plagued with injury/playing time? Or are you looking to trade up?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a good one i have received is rashard lewis and AK for dwyane wade. Is that crazy good for me? I can't really imagine what's going on there...even though I think AK is a risky play that I'll have to trade away quite soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
pull the trigger on this trade IMMEDIATELY