Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Colts +125 moneyline : NFL week 8

Colts vs Broncos. The Colts are +2 and the moneyline is +125. I understand the Broncos defense is quite good and they can run the ball, but is this too much hype? Does anyone expect the Colts to lose this game enough to make the moneyline bet -EV, and has anyone jumped on this yet?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Colts +125 moneyline : NFL week 8

I jumped on Denver -1 (-124). The Colts lose plenty often enough to make +125 a bad bet.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM

I do think Denver is going to be able to pound the ball down the field, but this is a game that their defense is going to be the deciding factor in. The Colts shouldn't still be undefeated but hands down are the most explosive offense in football. If they can move the ball successfully I think they'll leave mile high with the win.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 PM

I like the Colts - just haven't decided if I'm taking the points or ML yet.

Am I the only one not that impressed with Denver this year?They've played one very good game (win at Patriots), but it's worth noting that it was at the height of the Patriots issue with Deion Branch (stay/go), and their offense wasn't really in sync yet.

I think it's too simple to say "Colts can't stop the run, Broncos run all day, bet Broncos". I expect the Colts to really move the ball on Denver (they looked drastically different with their timing vs Washington this week) - and pressure DEN to put up points on their own. Realistically, this game probably looks like a playoff game - and comes down to who screws themselves over on turnovers more. Plummer's been awful and getting worse the last few games - his mistakes just haven't been game critical - I think he's due to really F one up. Indy's rush D went from horrendous to OK vs Skins last week, the Booger McFarland addition is probably underrated.

Also, weather in DEN will be non-issue. 62 & sunny expected.

I like the Colts. And if they win the turnover war, I could see them winning this by double-digits, even.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 PM

I don't see the Colts moving the ball at will.
They won't have much of a run game and Denvers pass D is the best they've had in years. Elvis has been rushing the passer very well...

The two key reasons why Colts aren't likely to win is they suck at stopping the run and thus will HAVE to overcompensate for Bell thus being in trouble on bootlegs and Den is at home. Bells ran well against Balt..he's gonna run well if not great against Indy
Den rarely loses at home.

Plummer is the danger factor for betting Den
Old 10-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Its all about the running game. Denver rushes the ball very well and their run defense is awesome.

Add in the fact they are at home = Denver by 6
Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 AM

As a Denver resident, I have to weigh in on the game. Nobody has mentioned that Lepsis, their starting left tackle is out for the year with a knee injury. That will hurt Denver's already pathetic offense. He is also a key to their rushing attack as he opens the cutback or seals the pursuit. I can see Denver losing in a shutout. Jay Cutler will come into the game in the third quarter and get KO'd. Bye bye Denver season and the next several years of mediocrity.

Sorry, but I just call em like I see em.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Denver resident, I have to weigh in on the game. Nobody has mentioned that Lepsis, their starting left tackle is out for the year with a knee injury. That will hurt Denver's already pathetic offense. He is also a key to their rushing attack as he opens the cutback or seals the pursuit. I can see Denver losing in a shutout. Jay Cutler will come into the game in the third quarter and get KO'd. Bye bye Denver season and the next several years of mediocrity.

Sorry, but I just call em like I see em.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol dumbest post ever
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM

What's dumb about it? Denver hasn't scored more than 17 points in a game all year. Now they lose a top lineman (according to grasshopp3r), and you think that doesn't matter?

As for me, I never bet against Denver when they're at home--in any sport.

This is a big game, and I never bet on Peyton Manning to win a big game.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:47 AM

Denver's o-line is the type of line that can easily survive the loss of one of their players.

If say it were a Orlando Pace or Willie roaf..it has a huge impact on the running game....but in the zone scheme Denver uses they can plug guys in and it will not cause Tatum Bell to go from 100-150 yard games to 50-80.

Add to this that the Colts run D sucks ass and the idea that the Broncos will be unable to run the ball whatsoever is completly idiotic. Lepsis was injured during the game and Bell still ran fine. The only real concern for Denver's running game is the fact that Tatum Bell reinjured his turf toe...but he says its fine.

Denvers problem isn't a lack of ability to move the ball...its been an inability to convert in the redzone.

" I can see Denver losing in a shutout. Jay Cutler will come into the game in the third quarter and get KO'd. Bye bye Denver season and the next several years of mediocrity. "

this part tells u everything u need to know about the thought put into the post.