Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Turbo Heads Up vs. STT Tourneys Which is Easier to Beat?

I've been playing heads up turbos on FT lately. Usually $22, some $33.

1/2 the time vs OK villan, 1/2 time vs. not so good. Very rarely I play someone at that level and say to myself geeze I don't want to play that guy again..he is tough.

That being said....is it easier to cash in the 9p STT, with those occasional big payoffs for 1st, or heads up.

Most are either over aggressive or over passive. Identify which one they are and your waay ahead. Some do an OK job of mixing it up, not many tho.

I think serious poker player should play LOTS of heads up. most hands in cash and tourney seem to get heads up, and you'll do much better if you have a good heads up game.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Turbo Heads Up vs. STT Tourneys Which is Easier to Beat?

I think the biggest hump to get over in heads up sngs is the variance and how it effects your game. Heads up gets you more emotionally involved and you are losing a ton of the games you play even if you are one of the best players at whatever level your playing.

That being said if you can make a pretty penny playing heads up sngs. Take a look at tatta (ps)on sharkscope . You also can make a nice chunk of change playing the 9-10 man turbos. I think it all comes down to what you do better.

Play a thousand or so games of each and then look at your results, your mood while playing ect. Then you can make a better assessment. If you play 1k of both and have a slightly higher hourly rate at 9 handed turbos, but your bored to death, then play the heads up. If your pulling your hair out over the variance of heads up sngs then move to 9-10 handed for sanity purposes.