Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Flameout in life and in Poker (VERY LONG)

I dont get it.. the story is 18 months old. Are you thinking he is going to come and post an update now??
Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 AM

bump it, pump it.

i am still waiting for the [censored] Godot.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Taso wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
Err.. Jeeze, Glad I just read through 17 pages. What happened? lol

Seriously, if Godot didn't post the rest of his story because all of you idiots went on for 15 pages about stupid, pointless crap, I'll be angry with you guys.

I mean, the guy writes better than all of you, is obviously smarter (as proven by the way he completly destroyed that guys post, which was [censored] HILARIOUS by the way) and actually has something interesting to say, again, unlike most of the people who posted in this thread.

Even if his story is made up (which I 100% doubt) it's still more interesting than 95% of the posts that are on 2+2.

So what happened, ya'll scared him away? When was his last post in this thread, two years ago?

Ugh.

More annoying is the fact that someone dug this post up, and as I result, I thought it was semi-new, and read it all, and now I basically have a bad case of blue balls, er, except for a story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taso, Essentially, I agree with what you've said here. I believe that the man was relating as best he could, incidents that (at the time) were still relatively fresh and painful and from which he had not yet recovered. Therefore, of frigging COURSE he would still be exhibiting thought processes which were (as he introspectively admittted) murky and disjointed at times.

As I, too, am of above-average intelligence (though not without my own multiple major malfunctions in the emotional/mental/coping skills/relationship arenas-- LOL) and have a similar stream-of-consciousness writing style, I could easily accept the veracity of the manner in which he relayed his story. It did not sound fictionalized to me. It sounded as though someone was intent on describing, in a chronological fashion, with some detail, what he had experienced both internally and externally and that, in so doing, he did, at times, get caught up at certain trigger points wherein he spun back into the types of thinking lodes and behavioral patterns he was ostensibly trying to control/overcome. I have no doubt whatsoever that he was in extended therapy as everything about his posts sounded exactly like the type of journalling that one in such circumstances might undertake.

There are so many sarcastic scoffers, scorners and mockers lurking around and popping out to puke their vile and point fingers at those they target as being in some way vulnerable prey to such attacks. My own very first post to 2+2 which was titled something like MY FIRST POST & HOW I GOT HERE WARNING: VERY LONG was erroneously posted in the NVG forum and I got blasted a bit there myself with some folks commenting that my post was fake, contrived, made up, etc. Hell, I'm a 53 year old, stage IV terminal cancer female who is on the verge of committing suicide (just got out of a psyche ward involuntarily one-week stay a month ago, got hauled in for another eval two nights ago and manged to talk my way out of an admision again but had to stay in that filthy ER being evaluated for more than five frigging hours) so I know what it is like to be living on the edge. My own "life story" reads like a frigging movie script but I laugh because if were watching it on a cinema screen, I'd shake my head at how over-the-frigging-TOP it was and so unbelieveable.

One of the detractors mocked the OP for having mentioned the CLICHED "only duaghter of a successful surgeon" description of his fiancee. Well, like DUH, how the heck do things get to BECOME cliches? Because they are so repeatedly true.

So very many jerks posted here but I don't characterize the OP as among them.

I cam easily understand why the OP got distracted and sidetracked in replying to the personal attacks against him. The BS on this thread came from the dozens of posts from those who chose to play their own little games here.

I linked to this thread from a post within ANOTHER thread and in one sitting, read through every post, page after page, to try to gain some additional knowledge and understanding about the painful path one person traveled in his pwn personal journey which he was initially so freely willing to share.

I am so saddened at what I have gained instead.

But then, hey, I'm at the state right now in my own life where everything is sad so what the hell? LOL.
Closed Thread