Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: NC: Dude Rolls in 2 Hours Late to Final Exam

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this by any chance the final exam for physics 205 (or 208) at NC State? I remember taking that exam to exempt from the course. Midway through I asked if I could borrow a calculator, and the prof. just grumbled at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm just curious... have any of your students ever mentioned seeing your posts on here? Seems like it'd be a big coincidence, but with the number of college kids who play poker and presumably might browse internet forums, you'd think eventually someone will stumble upon you and be like "that's my professor!"

I dunno, I enjoy your tales from the "other side of the desk" since I was a college kid a couple short years ago. Tell more, haha.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm so glad that I am ridiculous fast at taking exams. We usually get 3 hours for them at my school, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've used more than half the time. I'd rather walk out with 2:15 to go than walk in with :45 to go, but this wouldn't really stress me out that much.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this by any chance the final exam for physics 205 (or 208) at NC State? I remember taking that exam to exempt from the course. Midway through I asked if I could borrow a calculator, and the prof. just grumbled at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm just curious... have any of your students ever mentioned seeing your posts on here? Seems like it'd be a big coincidence, but with the number of college kids who play poker and presumably might browse internet forums, you'd think eventually someone will stumble upon you and be like "that's my professor!"

I dunno, I enjoy your tales from the "other side of the desk" since I was a college kid a couple short years ago. Tell more, haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at my current position. But at a previous position there was a student (not in my class) who was the cousin of someone I knew from online (different board from 2+2 though). Nothing came of it.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:43 PM

You took a "history of rock" course? I'm jealous! 9 years of college/grad school and the best I could do for fun was a basketball course my last semester as undergrad as a filler to maintain full-time status -- I broke my hand on the court a couple weeks into it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Oh, that wasn't me. That was another asian girl."

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you should have put a mark on the first Asian girl's arm with a permanent marker.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM

My junior year of college I had a B+ going into my final exam for a history class. I came up with the "brilliant" idea that since the exam would only take an hour or so of the three hours available that I could show up an hour late (I used that hour to study).

My professor was not at all impressed by my plan and glared at me as I entered the room. I made sure to finish up immediately as the other last student to finish was finishing. Predictably my exam performance was not strong enough to get an A. I don't think I had a chance.

Borodog, are you annoyed at all by the student wasting your time or do you think that the student has the right to the entire exam period?