Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

freak,

Not too much violence in my jail, not that much in most of the max's either(from what i was told). Most of violence in the prisons are where there are a lot of 18-23 yr olds. There were 3 prisons that had a lot of inmates in that age group, they were called "gladiator schools".

I dont think I was liked as much as accepted. After a few months I am sure most knew my background, that I got visits every weekend, on the phone often, had food sent in, basically every one knew that I came from more money than most others in there. I acted extremely humble, was able to adjust well, and never complained. I think this went a long way to being accepted. That said I am sure there were more than a few who wouldnt mind seeing me get effed up.

The cliques, were more just groups of anywhere from 3-10 people who would hang together. A lot of times people would interact with different groups. Like I worked out with a group, cooked and atre with another, and played cards with others.

Spota,

My lease was already up on my apt. I was month to month for 6 months leading up to going in. Coincidentally my final month on my car lease was the month I went in.

My brother took care of all my finances.

I think I spent the day trying to pack up my apt. That night was a quiet dinner, then trying to finish packing (my parents ended up finishing it)no that I had a lot of stuff, but it I just couldnt get myself organized.

The bathrooms were always spotless. Hygiene is taken very seriously in prison. Some things were a little over the top. Like there were some dudes who would floss, walk into the TV room with an 18 in piece of floss stuck b/w their front teeth and just leave it there for awhile. Or the guys who brushed their teeth, gums, tongue, lips, cheek, liver,,,I mean they would brush so deep in their throats that they would be gagging. Its not the most pleasant sound when you are just waking up.