Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: One of the middle ground proposals

Sniper,

Your roll in the UBB7 upgrade does not require you to be a mod.

Your work on the archive servers does not require you to be a mod.

(As an aside here, I find it shameful that it has needed unpaid workers to do either of the above.)

To my knowledge, you haven't really provided any useful statistics in the mod forum in months. I have seen your stat posts in ATF, but I haven't seen statistics that are in any way interesting in here in a long, long time.

(As an aside, I find it shameful that admins/above apparently have no way of gathering these statistics pretty much on the fly.)

Your participation as a poster in several forums in no way requires you to be a mod.

(At this point I really don't know what's up with your formatting in the post with lists of responsibilities.)

Whatever dude, if you want an undertitle I will hook you up. The concept of a custom color is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I don't even remember offhand what your "limited moderator" responsibilities/powers are. As long as they are effectively "I can read and post in the mod forum," and you keep on remaining self exiled from posting in this forum, I can't see how this can do any harm.

When I read your post I can't help but get the impression that you want to be re-modded because you feel you should be rewarded for your work for the forums. That just flat out isn't how it works. People are modded when there is moderation that needs to be done that isn't and when it is believed that making them a moderator will improve some part of the forum. As I said, it doesn't look like anything you (want to) do requires you to be a mod, so there is no value added to the forum by making you a mod.

We all appreciate the work you are doing in the backend, both of the archives and of the upgrade. I find it fairly disgusting that a webspace that I'm assuming generates money fairly hand-over-fist, and will make even more money post upgrade, can't afford to hire people who know what they are doing to start with. Especially when it appears that there is someone who is in fact paid to do the exact work you are being so good as to do for free. However, that work has nothing to do with being a moderator.

We all appreciate your stat posts, however misguided your statistical analysis is on a regular basis.

Anyway, Sniper, you were demodded what, like 9 days ago? How about if you want to "fight to be remodded" you at least just go the [censored] away and get off the mods' cases for a couple/few months? I can't understand how you could possibly think that coming back here so quickly (and noticably basically as soon as the active threads about you in this forum have stopped generating posts, and also as your "thanks sniper" threads have died down, and the degen threads have just died dow) would be a good idea. It's still incredibly fresh on everyone's minds why they don't want you to be a mod, and no one is going to believe that you actually have "rehabilitated" quite so quickly. I find it ironic that you're saying you will stay out of modwars or whatever and you do so in a post that comes off as "nyah nyah I know you guys don't want me around but I'm going to rub it in your faces that I'm still around and you haven't gotten rid of me at all, oh, and a week after I was kicked out I want back in." I mean come on.

(Oh, and a whole parenthetical paragraph just for you: If you want to make a post that includes how awesome you are at tracking down the douchebags on 2p2, you probably should try to distance that sentence from sentences about trying to rehab Degen, or defend degen. If the message is "I am good at tracking down douches and then defending their rights to troll/post/etc until the bitter end," you do a good job of that.)

So,

Why do you want to be a mod?

Why do you think the things that you listed as your reasons for bein a mod are reasons for being a mod?

How can you possibly think that coming back here 9 days or so after demodding was a good idea?

Why are you incapable of just going a couple months and being a normal poster?

citanul
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Response to Durron

[ QUOTE ]
why do you want to be here, when it is clear that a large percentage of mods want you gone and another large percentage don't even care enough to take a position?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, only 12 of roughly 100 with access to this forum, in the final poll wanted me demodded... and I felt I was barely able to defend myself because of time constraints.

[ QUOTE ]
no one is suggesting that you leave 2+2 entirely. we are saying you are a bad mod, not a bad poster. has anyone even mentioned banning your account, or simply demodding it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you cannot express why you, personally, want to be a moderator here, you definitely should not be one. You have 5 very long posts in this thread and several smaller ones and never once do you mention YOUR PERSONAL MOTIVATIONS.

[/ QUOTE ]

The primary reason is because I believe that I am better able to enhance the forums that I mod, as a moderator, than as a regular poster... and because key posters in the forums that I mod'd have asked me to fight.

My personal motivations include a strong belief in giving back for what I have received and a pay it forward attitude, for what I have received in poker and other knowledge from these forums. I have a genuine interest in helping this community grow.

I post here now, because several Mods & Admins have asked me to try and work with the Mod team to find the best solution. I think this is an important point, that some may not be focused on.

I have kept my forums quiet and trouble free. I have the respect of the posters. I work closely with the Mods of the forums that I actively participate in, and they have supported me thru this. I do not believe the actual modding of my forums was in question.

I was demodded, not for bad modding, but for poor interaction with a small group of other Mods in the Mod forum, coupled with poor communication a couple of weeks ago in handling this whole thing. I have been asked to try and change that. That is what I intend to do.

The reason why I agreed that Exile was the best solution, was because it allowed me to continue with the positive things I have been doing as Mod since Dec 2005; and there are a lot of accomplishments, that while some of them can be accomplished as a poster, most all of them outside of the finance forum stem from my being a mod with a cross 2+2 interest. While removing the major issue of poor interaction with mods of forums I don't actvely participate in.

It is time that I narrowed my focus to helping those forums where my help is desired and in helping behind the scenes with the forum software and other potential enhancements, where I have value added skills.

I am done with Modwars, I am done with fighting over the little things regarding forums where the mods don't want my opinion. I am reviewing my support for trolls in some forums that are quality posters in others and expect that I will move from coddling trolls to smashing them. These are my commitments to change!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Response to Durron

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do you want to be here, when it is clear that a large percentage of mods want you gone and another large percentage don't even care enough to take a position?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, only 12 of roughly 100 with access to this forum, in the final poll wanted me demodded... and I felt I was barely able to defend myself because of time constraints.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Seriously, you are distorting the facts.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, only 12 of roughly 100

[/ QUOTE ]

my dishonest polling alarm just went batshit
Old 03-13-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Seriously, you are distorting the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, you have just figured out the key to every sniper post.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:07 PM

so much to say, so little time, but i have to say this:

sniper:

[ QUOTE ]
I have a genuine interest in helping this community grow.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly???

sniper:

[ QUOTE ]
I have kept my forums quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

el diablo:

[ QUOTE ]

ulydiablo: your forums are an embarrassment, the finance forum should be a thriving success at 2+2
ulydiablo: the lounge, what a [censored] joke

[/ QUOTE ]

sniper:

[ QUOTE ]

I was demodded, not for bad modding, but for poor interaction with a small group of other Mods in the Mod forum, coupled with poor communication a couple of weeks ago in handling this whole thing. I have been asked to try and change that. That is what I intend to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you think this is the reason means you have so far to go before it should even be considered you should come back

sniper:

[ QUOTE ]

My personal motivations include a strong belief in giving back for what I have received and a pay it forward attitude, for what I have received in poker and other knowledge from these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, specifically, have you gained from these forums? Poker & other knowledge is very general, I was looking for a more specific answer.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM

I should also mention that of the 9 paragraphs of your reply, only one sentence actually addressed my question.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Response to MEbenhoe

[ QUOTE ]
You spent a week attention whoring over the fact that you're no longer green and then come back with this? Seriously you need to give this crap a rest and just go back to enjoying being a regular poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what attention whoring you think I was doing, maybe you can elaborate?

I started 1 thread in MMB (which you locked, then moved and then I reposted as you suggested), and 1 thread in Finance; both for the purpose of alerting the posters of those forums that I was not modding. Both threads resulted in far more PMs/AIMs than posts, which I expected; and I took no action to keep them on the top of the forum, which is something I have gotten quite good at, to drive traffic to important posts.

I think the other posts I have made in various threads (and there aren't many) have all focused on a positive outlook, provided info, or thanked posters for their support.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sniper:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you think this is the reason means you have so far to go before it should even be considered you should come back

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the realist, but there is more truth to Sniper's statement than you assume but the fact that he states it as such continues to show a lack of humility. That doesn't mean I think he should continue however, he is bad for moral. He should go, and IMHO I hope he goes on his own without being forced.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In favor of de-modding Sniper19)
[censored]
adanthar
ajmargarine
Citanul
daryn
Dids
The Dude
durron597
Gildwulf