Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: NCAA Football Week 11

Before the season I said that I'd be happy with a BCS game and that's still true, but Christ, not like this. Tressel was TERRIBLE this game. No challenge on the fumble, completely inexplicable timeout when Zook was trying to lose, and he brought back his "NEVER ADJUST" philosophy from the NC game last year.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before the season I said that I'd be happy with a BCS game and that's still true, but Christ, not like this. Tressel was TERRIBLE this game. No challenge on the fumble, completely inexplicable timeout when Zook was trying to lose, and he brought back his "NEVER ADJUST" philosophy from the NC game last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure he could have challenged the fumble- the whistle blew the play dead. Timeout was terrible, but my guess is Illinois would have taken a time out if we didn't.

We better have a good QB coming in, I almost wish for Bellisari. The sad thing about Boeckman is he is the best we have.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Old 11-10-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure he could have challenged the fumble- the whistle blew the play dead. Timeout was terrible, but my guess is Illinois would have taken a time out if we didn't.

We better have a good QB coming in, I almost wish for Bellisari. The sad thing about Boeckman is he is the best we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

fumble call was terrible

whistle hadn't blown

Tressel said they don't have monitors upstaris for the coaches to let him know to challenge....lollerskates

Illinois was punting....Zook had already decided....Juice talked him out of it during the timeout
Old 11-10-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fumble call was terrible

whistle hadn't blown

Tressel said they don't have monitors upstaris for the coaches to let him know to challenge....lollerskates

Illinois was punting....Zook had already decided....Juice talked him out of it during the timeout

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible. Merry Christmas. Have fun in the Outback Bowl.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 PM

What is this going to do for an already strong Illinois recruiting process? Anyone think (hope) they can steal a few Chicago Catholic school recruits from under ND's nose?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:32 PM

UF/Illinois bowl game? Gogogo
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Does anyone know what the status of Henton is? He looked good in limited duty this year.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Buckeyes got there comeupins for knocking off Illinois' undefeated basketball team in '05.

[/ QUOTE ]

just so everybody knows you REALLY DID go to H.S. at Champaign Central [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also, yeah, screw OSU....... payback.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what the status of Henton is? He looked good in limited duty this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the website, he's not even listed as 3rd string. And he didn't really look good in his action. Henton would basically look at his #1 reciever, if he was covered, hed run like hell.