Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Black People

I would really like to see some organisation grab some poor black children and train them until they all become math professors, rocket scientists or history teachers.

About time to test that hypothesis that blacks only have a lower IQ on average because on average they are too poor to pay for good education.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Interesting read on IQ here.

You also reminded me of something. It seems that usually when politicians or whatever group wants to help improve an impovrished black area, the answer usually seems to be basketball hoops. Now, that is very stereotypical of them to do, yet it seems to happen time and time again.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:39 AM

Have any black people commented in this thread?

And if not, why?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 AM

I have commented. I guess I am one of the few "black" people who break all the stereotypes. I took my SAT's in 8th grade and got a 1290 and never took them again. I make a very good living, have a masters degree, and have not been cast out by the black community. Some of you speak but have no interaction with the people whom you speak of. Your "knowledge" comes from TV and your ignorant buddies who think they know what's going on in the world. Sad that in this day and age ignorance marches on.

BTW...I couldn't find the post titled "White People"
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, things have changed, i'm sure, but go visit franklin, tx or podunk, tn and see what it would be like to be black there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statements like this concern me. They are just as inflamatory to southerners as the word [censored] is to a black man. I have grew up in tennessee and lived in a while in Vegas. Just before I left Tennessee the closed the "colored highschool" and everyone went to one highschool. It was not that big of a deal. When we moved to vegas I saw for the first time real racism. I saw race crimes, I knew people that were victims of race crimes. Back in Tennessee now I have black neighbors, the whole town is mixed. We don't have a black section, the black are janitors, doctors, lawyers, bank presidents, business owners and it is not given a second thought. I don't know about franklin Texas but in Tennessee we don't go to KKK meetings after church, we don't hold anyone back, and we don't have "colored drinking fountains". Trust me, racism is essentialy over in the south for the most part because it has no reason to exist. Sure some exist but as people die and change racism is dying with it.

And I don't think we have a town in Tennessee called Podunk.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Like I said Buccaneer...ignorance. I would bet that the person who wrote that has never been to Tn. I have many friends in Tennessee. As for racism being over in the south...there has been progress but it's still there...trust me. Your right about it having no reason to exist. But unfortunately it does.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About time to test that hypothesis that blacks only have a lower IQ on average because on average they are too poor to pay for good education.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Skippy, our resident student to obtain a PHD in one of the social sciences could probably tell you that in England that blacks outpreform all other races in school achievement. That is across the board, not just the rich blacks but the poor and middle class as well.

Sort of makes you wonder about several things, or it should.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for racism being over in the south...there has been progress but it's still there...trust me. Your right about it having no reason to exist. But unfortunately it does.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes we have idiots in TN. No one listens to them much anymore thank God.

My parents taught me the new way as I have taught my children. I still laugh about my daughter coming home from day care and excitedly telling me "Dad, did you know that some people have brown skin". To her it was just another fact to be soaked up in her mind. The lesson she learned was not that there are white people and there are black people but that some people had brown skin. I felt like I should have gotten an A+ in parenting that day.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:46 AM

That is how I was brought up as well. As for skippy..who says that blacks have a lower IQ? I would bet my bankroll that I trash you in IQ points my friend. My children (5) (8) are probably ahead of you too.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW...I couldn't find the post titled "White People"

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point and IMO "White People" would be a better heading for this thread.