Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle sure loves to crack on Gold.

When Jaime acts all big about having to leave because he has to be at the Playboy Mansion, Doyle says (paraphrased) "I don't think they'll notice if you're not there".

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed - funny Gabe did not pick up on that one

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome. I missed the Playboy Mansion part of the exchange.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

I think Guy took into account that Doyle folded a flush to a big raise and was trying to make him fold. Although Doyle had put in about 150k already making this less likely. If Guy raises 200k on flop with Doyle having only put in 50k, it's a much harder push with AT, no redraw.

This hand and Patrik-Sammy's also help explain the Guy-David hand that happens in next episode.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:58 PM

Antonio not playing any hands and becoming giddy whenever someone else puts a lot of money into the pot.. yeah that's getting annoying.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think Guy's play with the A5 was very bad at all. Doyle's in steal position and he's just cbetting the flop and turn. Yeah, the turn bet was big, but Guy is showing crazy strength in a believable way, I think Doyle folds a ton of hands, maybe even AK without diamonds. It's a way way better play than many of the others we've seen. Of course I'm not sure Guy even knew he was bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's not c-betting into 4 people. Guy had to know Doyle had an ace, but just figured something like 'I'm not going to fold this with TP and a gutshot, let's shove and see what happens'. Next to folding the flop, it's probably the second best play he could have made.

If Doyle doesn't have the nut draw, that becomes a real tough decision. I really hope Doyle still calls getting 4-1 (right?) and given some of the wackiness Guy has already displayed.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting 4-1 (right?)

[/ QUOTE ]
2.5:1 (230 into a pot that ended at 818).
Old 11-27-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Doyle doesn't have the nut draw, that becomes a real tough decision. I really hope Doyle still calls getting 4-1 (right?) and given some of the wackiness Guy has already displayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is any chance that Doyle calls/shoves without the nut flush draw. That is one hell of a call with TP4K.

A good play by Guy in my book. Doyle just showed how good he really is.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is Esfandiari doing there? In a previous show he folded JTs when there was a raise to 20k. In this episode he limpfolds T9s when there is a raise to 7k and two calls when the action returns to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I couldn't believe he folded this. The pot is already huge and it's going to be multi-way. I don't have $7k, but if I did, it's certainly going in there in that spot.

Very nitty fold. Kinda reminds me of the way I play, but just a bit tighter.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Benyamine. Interesting table talk, very good at playing his opponents, likable guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I really enjoy watching him play. It's interesting that he feels very comfortable about having a conversation when he's in the middle of a hand. He seems very confident about his ability to chatter without giving anything away. Actually, he does a pretty good job of that in my opinion. I never feel like he should just shut his mouth, which is how I usually feel when Jamie starts yammering on during a hand.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Is DB being staked by PA? Looked like PA was super interested in the DB/Gold all in, standing up and all. Maybe its nothing. No idea how he reacts with the hand next week where DB is all in for like 600k was it?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM

To me, Guy is not the fish. He's just not good enough for this level..he makes good plays, but also mistakes, however he doesn't pretend to be anything more than he is.

Vs Doyle, his play was bad. The ONLY hand he was representing was a set of 4. He thought he could just scare Doyle away with his bricks, and was certainly putting him on the right hand (Ace top/good kicker).

However, we have a gentleman from Longview Texas [/Gabe's voice off]. Doyle knew he was either way ahead or way behind (set of 4 or 2 pairs A4). But in that case he still had the diamonds. Add the high probability of Guy making a move due to history and the chips already commited, the possible tells, this was a no-brainer for Doyle, and he was definitely not steaming.

I think Guy's play would be good a few limits below. But against Doyle, even if you can put him on the right hand, he can do so for you aswell and you'll never scare him off a hand (unless you're Jamie Gold and you cannot even read your own strength).

If I had to qualify the players :

-Farah : very funny and playing quite good this time (however the hand against Antonius was a bad play IMO). This guy keeps the game alive.

-Benyamine : one of the best at the table. Very very very good mannered, funny, and his accent cracks me up everytime [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (Jean Paul Belmondo lol)

-Antonius : I guess he picked the right style at this table. Being TAG and making plays with his image. Balls of steel.

-Laliberté : below the average level at the table. But this guy (lol) has no fear and can make a play anytime. However I think he makes some moves without really knowing where he's at quite often.

-Jamie Gold : I don't get it. By very far the worst at the table but he seems to enjoy it. He seems like he has a problem in his life or something...I wouldn't trade his money for a life as sad as his own seems. Seriously, is that a mental disorder or something? Being outplayed constantly and obviously, still looking for attention etc. I almost feel sorry for him...

-Doyle : waiting for the big pots against the worst players, as we've seen for the past episodes. He seems really pissed by Gold though, that's not really funny seing him in this mood.

-Greenstein : I guess this is the guy most of this forum is identifying to. He reads quite well and make some moves when they should be right, but has been hittig quite a cold deck lately (except for those quads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). Really nice guy at the table and has monster skills in keeping the fish happy. I guess everybody here is rooting for him winning every single hand he's in. I like his style (both at poker and clothes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

-Esfiandari : too tight. And his comments are getting old very fast. He doesn't seem to be hitting the cards he wants. But come on, 9Ts in multiway is no brainer...we've seen him in much better shape, here he really seems to be playing with scare money.

Btw, when is GSN gonna show us the stack sizes and variations????