Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:08 AM

Default critique a low limit razz hand

I am thinking that I should have slowed down on the river here, but other than that I think it is pretty standard.

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.80 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

River - (11.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___raises___raises

Total pot: (19.90 BB - $9.95)
Old 08-06-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: critique a low limit razz hand

can't see anything I'd do differently, I don't have the odds of everything, but unless he has some sick hole cards, he's probably way behind on 5th
Old 08-06-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't see anything I'd do differently, I don't have the odds of everything, but unless he has some sick hole cards, he's probably way behind on 5th

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so. I think we can assume Seat 5 has some good hole cards, what with the raising the completion. By 5th:

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

So what's he calling on? Probably something like 8642, the best Hero can have is a made 87 which Seat 5 can see, so he's drawing to a better hand. So on 6th:

6th Street - (5.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

Now Seat 5 has made his hand - Hero sucked out with that 2 making a 7 instead of an 8. And, I presume, won the hand. But I don't think Seat 5 was that far behind on 5th. Hero pairs or picks up a 6 or better on 7th and he's toast.

Nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:56 AM

I don't think it is worth it to reraise on the river with a 7-5.

He obviously made an 8 on 6th and then improved on 7th. I'm just not sure you are ahead often enough to reraise.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it is worth it to reraise on the river with a 7-5.

He obviously made an 8 on 6th and then improved on 7th. I'm just not sure you are ahead often enough to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking as well--particularly considering all the action on 6th.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:08 AM

looks fine until 7th, and there i'd probably just call his raise.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 AM

ya forgot to include, i wouldn't bet so much on 7th, he possibly made his hand by then
Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 AM

You should have slowed down on the river here, but other than that it's pretty standard.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM

I like every street except 7th, he can see on 6th that you've got a decent 7 high, and I think it's pretty obvious he was trying to find out if his 8432A was good with his raise, and your reraise told him he needs to improve, which he obviously did. I would bet call in this situation myself as the two hands are fairly readable, as things go. All in my opinion of course.

Mack
Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 AM

The reraise on the river is pretty bad. When you get raised, you are probably beat.

Your hand is pretty strong on 3rd, and I would probably jam, but most people here would disagree.