Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Other Games Library - where to start?

So i recently signed up for your site, great stuff.

I'm a hold'em player, even though i started at 7cs. Now, I am lost when I play the game! My biggest problem with games like Ohi, O8, 7cs, 27td, Razz (those are the only games I have interest in playing - 5cd just makes me want to eat raw chicken) is that I have trouble interpreting the information in the hands.

Which would you recommend i start with? If you could consider what content you have coming up soon i'd appreciate it (that's why i posted it here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) 50k hands a month of LHE is nice and all but the big guy needs a break!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Other Games Library - where to start?

Obviously, this depends on what games you are going to target. I highly suggest you start with the HORSE videos for a good all-around grip on the games. Dont forget to look at out "Guest Videos" for TT's Razz series (classroom style) which is excellent IMO and beset's PLO/O8 videos.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
S5cd just makes me want to eat raw chicken

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes me want to do worse things than that, I can relate.

If your a new Razz player I would like to recommend you read David Skalnsky's "Sklansky on Poker", its the best book written to date about the game of razz. The Full Tilt Tournament book has a great Razz section as well, however its really best used to augment your experience so you know how to adjust to a tournament setting. My series of three razz videos are best suited for a solid player who is looking to advance to the expert level. I'm sure a beginning player can take away lots of information as well however the concepts behind equity analysis, hand reading (its rather easy to read hand ranges in Razz once you become experienced enough), pot size manipulation and plays adjusted based on theory of poker concepts might be a bit confusing for someone who normally just bets just because their board is prettier than their opponents.

good luck, I hope you continue to expand your horizon playing other games, DC has the best collection of videos featuring other games that I have found so far - its cheep enough each month that you can't go wrong with this small investment in your game.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:43 PM

Great stuff TT. Looks like i'll be starting my with Razz. Will report in 10k hands!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm waiting on Death Donkeys definitive Pineapple Hi Lo video
Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

I am definitively not the best Pineapple player out there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey