Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone else confirm the instabanning on neteller if you logon? I have money there and I am scared shitless to login.

[/ QUOTE ]

instaban. You could use a vpn to access it. www.relakks.com 5$/month swedish ip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you find a VPN from the country your neteller account is based in, it's stil INSTABAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, didnt know that. Working fine for me, i'm from finland and using relakks service and no problems...

edit: dunno, i also called them before i went travelling so maybe thats the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up at neteller while i was in sweden so it should work fine for me. thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats the best thing to do for phones if going for 2 1/2 weeks?

[/ QUOTE ] Buy the cheapest phone you can, should be about $45. If you own a compatible phone, just buy a Thai sim card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I unlocked my phone from my carrier and am using a thai simcard. It works with any simcard now.(works for most of EU i guess) else buy a used shitphone for 700-1000b
Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone in bkk up for getting a drink tonight?

i arrived yesterday. i'm staying at a friend's house for now but it's not really close to any bars/clubs or the skytrain. i have no idea why he would want to stay way out here.

[/ QUOTE ]
if its ski its because hes a shortstacking friendless idiot..
other than that it might be the price

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, he doesn't play poker. he came over here to teach 4 years ago. he plays in some hockey league and him and a couple of his teammates started a hockey apparel company. it is doing well enough that he quit his teaching job this past year. anyways, maybe it is price. he pays $750 for 2 story house. bedroom, bathroom and living room upstairs. office for 4 people, kitchen, dining room and bathroom downstairs. obviously, i have no idea how that price compares to others. i believe it is rama 9, soi 41. not too far from the university.

we went to bully's tonight and then to nana. i'm not really into nana. i prefer regular bars and clubs. bully's was pretty cool. places i liked from my last trip include: scratch dog, gullivers, woodstock, and few others that i don't remember the names of.

i will be here until december 1st. my buddy spends most of his time working and hanging out with his new gf so it would be great if i could meet up with some 2+2er's for some beers some night.

tuesday night we went to some local bar over here. myself, my friend and his gf all on his motorbike was one of the most hilarious/ridiculous things i've ever seen.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:39 PM

do you need a power converter for thailand, and most of SE asia for that matter, or can you plug in your north american electronics normally?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 PM

So Bones and I are coming to Thailand Jan 27th through Feb 29th next year.

To do list:

-Breakfastsupperclub
-Check out other various clubs
-kick ass Seasfood place I saw on TV
-Have orgy w/ various thai hookers
-scuba diving

Other then that I'd love to hear other suggestions. Money is not an issue at all. I literally want to have the time of my life.

Next question, am I correct to assume that it shouldn't be an issue finding a place that is broadcasting the superbowl right?

Next question, we have a 14 hour layover in south Korea. Can we just leave the airport, or do we need to get a visa? I feel like this a noob question, but I've never been over seas before.

Next question, it isn't that big of a deal to get a 30day visa at the airport is it? Would I just be better off going to DC and visiting the thai counsalette?

I think that about covers all my questions/comments. Look forward to seeing whomever is around then.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Bones and I are coming to Thailand Jan 27th through Feb 29th next year.

To do list:

-Breakfastsupperclub

It's bed supperclub, worth dining and wining there but the club itself is meh at best, ( my farts-smell good crowd. ). The thai nightclubs ( RCA, Thong Lo, Ekkamai ect... are just way better )

-Check out other various clubs : ok then

-kick ass Seasfood place I saw on TV : Is it the "if it can swim we have it" one? Kickass indeed and i'm not really into seafood.

-Have orgy w/ various thai hookers : OBV

-scuba diving

Other then that I'd love to hear other suggestions. Money is not an issue at all. I literally want to have the time of my life.

Way too much stuff to do. Once in the city all your plans will change anyway.

Next question, am I correct to assume that it shouldn't be an issue finding a place that is broadcasting the superbowl right?

Right

Next question, we have a 14 hour layover in south Korea. Can we just leave the airport, or do we need to get a visa? I feel like this a noob question, but I've never been over seas before.

if you need a visa to visit south korea, you'll need one to leave the airport

Next question, it isn't that big of a deal to get a 30day visa at the airport is it? Would I just be better off going to DC and visiting the thai counsalette?

Not a big deal at all.

I think that about covers all my questions/comments. Look forward to seeing whomever is around then.

Sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we don't make it out to Koh Pha ngan a week ahead of time should we just not go out there? I know you need to be out there a week ahead of time to be able to get a place to stay. If we don't make it out there should be just skip going and head somewhere else. Or is the FMP something you definitely would not miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. It's a nice place, but I wouldn't stay anywhere near Haad Rin or the party zone, it's a [censored] dump afterwards for a few days.

The times I went I arrived two or three days early and it was still tough to find even a halfway decent guesthouse on the north coast. I might almost suggest staying on Samui (ugh?) and taking a speedboat over. Of course, the last time I was at a FMP was four years ago.

If you like parties, hippies, and loud music that mixes horrible on a trash littered beach, it's your thing. If I ever went again I think I'd just arrive for the sunrise and to watch all the goofy yobs piss in the ocean and get arrested.

But that's just me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 AM

Just arrived in Bangkok this morning. I'm staying in a friend's apartment right now but he is gone so I'd love to hang out with some 2p2er's. I'm staying near the US embassey right now, plan on staying until at least Weds. when I will move down to Ko Sumai.

PM me or something to get in contact.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 AM

Been trying to book a hotel for the last night or 2 and everything's booked. Trying to book now. Is anyone up who would know good alternate places to stay(bangkok). Need some last minute help. Thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 AM

house by the pond room 108 building one is available.
im pretty sure president solitaire has rooms available
Closed Thread