Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Default To cap or not to cap.

Been a while since I've posted a hand. This one is probably a quick answer for you guys, but I'm wondering if the general consensus agrees with my decision on this flop so here goes.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ... </font>
<font color="green">
Preflop is mehh.
</font>
<font color="blue">
CO is a complete idiot. 88.89/8.33/1.2 over 36 hands
He's played almost every hand since he has sat down and has gone to showdown in about half of them. He's not super aggressive but he's not folding a whole lot either. He sits with a weird number of chips which I suspect to be his whole bankroll.
</font>
<font color="orange">

UTG+1 35/8.11/1.33 over 37 hands.
Not exactly a great player but not a complete idiot either.
</font>

I'm not folding here so the question is should I cap it for value or just call and see the turn ?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: To cap or not to cap.

Cap for value
Old 11-27-2007, 10:08 PM

Cap. You've got tons of equity and UTG+2 is rarely folding.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM

shove
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Doesn't matter as long as it isn't a fold.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me want to call and go for a turn check-raise if I hit the straight/flush card. The reads make me think CO isn't going to slow down after 3-betting the flop, and that's a good thing here for your implied odds.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's played almost every hand since he has sat down and has gone to showdown in about half of them. He's not super aggressive but he's not folding a whole lot either. He sits with a weird number of chips which I suspect to be his whole bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

88 vpip with aggresion of 1.2 is SUPER aggressive.

I don't think there is as much value in capping as everyone thinks. It's not like there are 6 opponents calling here. There are at most...2. If UTG+1 folds we've lost him for the big streets where at worst we'd have made back the 2sb we're getting on the flop by capping. Capping a FD (yes we have a few more outs than just the 9 whatever) with 2 opponens is much much better when we're in position and can control the turn/river action more. Out of position we basically turn our cards over when the the turn blanks and we check or we find ourselves bluffing into 2 calling stations.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

88 vpip with aggresion of 1.2 is SUPER aggressive.

I don't think there is as much value in capping as everyone thinks. It's not like there are 6 opponents calling here. There are at most...2. If UTG+1 folds we've lost him for the big streets where at worst we'd have made back the 2sb we're getting on the flop by capping. Capping a FD (yes we have a few more outs than just the 9 whatever) with 2 opponens is much much better when we're in position and can control the turn/river action more. Out of position we basically turn our cards over when the the turn blanks and we check or we find ourselves bluffing into 2 calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that having position here makes capping a lot better. However, I don't think UTG2 isnt going to fold to a cap and i think it makes sense to get as much money as we can right now with our equity edge. Also, we can still expect good implied odds off CO on the turn and river when we hit. And we can't rely on UTG2 to hang around on the turn and river.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter as long as it isn't a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd show some variation here. calling is great for a screwing with his head by CRing when you make ur flush/straight but capping is good betting right into maniac when you make ur hand. Personally i wouldnt waste too much time worrying about what to do here...i do love to CR maniacs/lags though...gotta show em who's boss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM

Why on earth would we want to check/raise the turn when our draw hits? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]