Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Default When the World doesn\'t revolve around the US

Just looking for some opinions on the future state of the world, when world policy doesn't solely revolve around the United States. Lets assume that the US looses it global dominance in the next 50-100 years. I will make the assumption that the new global players are China, Russia, India, USA and European Union. How will this effect the general level of safety? Will the standard of living increase on a global scale? What will be the future of space exploration and medical research (will increase, and were will it focus)? What will be the majour changes? What will be the state of global co-operation be?

I know this is extremely broad topic and would be difficult to even begin to encapsulate in 50+ books. But if you have an ideas on any different questions or any theory's in general i'd like to hear/discuss them.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: When the World doesn\'t revolve around the US

It's fairly simple:

If centralization and growth of power continues as it has, the world will become more dangerous and more unstable.

If the centralization and growth of power can be stopped and reversed, then the world will become safer and more stable.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: When the World doesn\'t revolve around the US

I tend to disagree with this notion. I think that a decentralization of power will have a pacifying effect globably. There will be an initial stage prior to all countries realizing the "size of the pie" i.e. global resources are finite and which hopefully will lead to better co-operation between countries because each country will need to import and export resources and not have the luxury of a self sufficient country.

This could though, go all wrong, with many countries hording resources which would lead to the world being seperate into different factions perhaps waring with each other over resources. I hope it all goes well.