Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 AM

Default owner of house i am renting disappears off face of earth

so about 6 mos ago we started renting a house in the posh anthem country club. owner of house is young, seemingly with it, single woman. a tad flaky, but whatever.

haven't had ANY contact with her in 4 months. gardeners stopped showing up, but since they woke me up once a week i didn't give a [censored]. well we finally need her for something important and call her like 5 times with no response. i called her former business partners and she sold her share a while ago to them and they cant get in touch with her either.

so im like ok, ill hold off rent next month until she calls us back. (note we have paid rent on time every month)...im liek great idea, then i can bitch her out and feel macho. well so much for that idea:

NOTICE TO VACATE THE PREMISES BY A LAW FIRM HIRED BY THE LOAN FIRM SHE USED. FORECLOSURE.

WTF

she has a sister i am going to (try?) track down, but WTF this is super weird. if she died you would think a call would have been made to us.

anyways we signed a lease with HER. so what are our rights? anybody have any idea?