Pacific Poker 47 6.58%
WPX 40 5.60%
William Hill 28 3.92%
True Poker 17 2.38%
I don't play Poker online 0 0%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see this a group of wannabes since no one has stated they will be in Tunica....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the WSOP is [censored] compared to mother [censored]' Tunica, man

[ QUOTE ]
its funny how someone like me can get 118 posts....isn't that what poker is really about getting other players to do what you want....poker is not all about math, you just don't get it....if it were all about math you could easily create a computer program that could beat everyone most of the time...as I have stated before I have not yet found a computer program I couldnt beat!!! You guys will be glad to know this is my last post...I have learned nothing here, and with the exception of a few intelligent comments most of the posts where non sense. I will not be back until after Tunica, I will post my results then. bye bye for now......

[/ QUOTE ]
Good riddance, you make the same stupid and illogical arguments everyone else who tries to defend bad strategy does

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>mcsaces
Emon96>>mcsaces
Ansky>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>mcsaces
Three Quarters of breathing humans >>>mcsaces

poor whale
Old 12-27-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah blah chow meow why does this thread have posts in it

[/ QUOTE ]
the same reason all the FGators posts do

I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF

[/ QUOTE ]

let it go nath

like aces preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i enjoyed the thread already, but that just made it worth reading all the way through.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see this a group of wannabes since no one has stated they will be in Tunica....its funny how someone like me can get 118 posts....isn't that what poker is really about getting other players to do what you want....poker is not all about math, you just don't get it....if it were all about math you could easily create a computer program that could beat everyone most of the time...as I have stated before I have not yet found a computer program I couldnt beat!!! You guys will be glad to know this is my last post...I have learned nothing here, and with the exception of a few intelligent comments most of the posts where non sense. I will not be back until after Tunica, I will post my results then. bye bye for now......

[/ QUOTE ]

Best of luck to you msaces, but believe me when I say, you will need it. There have been some very credible responses in this thread to tell you why you're thinking is incorrect. Of course there's more to poker than just math, but in the situations you have described, math is the only factor. And I honestly fear for your bankroll if you can't understand that concept.

And feel free to stop by here prior to the tournament, post your real name, and then come back afterwards to report your results. And post some hands while you're at it, I'm sure we'd all love to see some examples of your playstyle. But, as others have very correctly stated, you have a major leak in your game. Even if you manage to win outright in Tunica, it surely isn't because you know how to play AA pre-flop. I don't say that to be insulting, it's just the hard truth of it. It's not opinion. It's fact.

I encourage you to keep studying, and do more research on this subject. Be man enough to admit you might be wrong about this concept, despite your results to this point. This game is filled with people convinced that they have made correct decisions that are actually abhorrently wrong, just because they happened to get lucky when they made them. Don't be one of those people.

Think. Ponder. Evaluate. And maybe by the time you get back here, you'll be able to understand why you received the replies that you have.

--TFGoose
Old 12-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Played with Sklansky in Vegas?
Nicknamed "Devil's Advocate"

mscaces must be a joke account by posting ridiculous crap like that. I think we've been suckered.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:35 PM

What works works.

I love how everyone jumps on a guy for going against common wisdom.

As it is i agree with the masses, but to overwhelmingly attack a poster for having a differing viewpoint is silly.

If this was negreanu talking about laying down AA against 3 or 4 maniacs who are all in early in a slow structured MTT like the WSOP ME because his edge of playing many more small pots outweighs the chance of busting, would people jump all over him?

Again, not saying he is right, just playing devils advocate.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Phill S: Yes, we'd jump all over Negraneau too, but he'd never do that because he KNOWS his skill edge isn't that big.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poker is not all about math

[/ QUOTE ]No one has said that poker is ALL about math.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phill S: Yes, we'd jump all over Negraneau too, but he'd never do that because he KNOWS his skill edge isn't that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nonsense. Going or calling all-in preflop is for complete n00bs. Negreanu NEVER goes all-in preflop, unless very late in a tournament. He will go all-in either on the turn or, if the flop is super-safe, he push all-in on the flurn.

Thnks to the OP for starting this very important and much-overdue thread.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you saying poker IS all about math, or that someone has said it? If the latter, I didn't see anyone saying it in this thread, though I'm certain someone has said it before. If the former, well that's easily disputable. There are many skills that poker requires besides math.
Closed Thread