Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Why do people almost always call a check-raise on the turn

I don't have a specific HH to show here, because the situation actually occured in hold em, but I want to discuss it for omaha.

I feel that if a pot is HU on the turn and I cr by making it about 3 times more than he bet, I really really often get a call and then they will fold to a cbet on the river.

Of course they might be calling on a draw, but often I think it's some kind of stubbornness, but then why would they give up on the river?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Why do people almost always call a check-raise on the turn

[ QUOTE ]

Of course they might be calling on a draw, but often I think it's some kind of stubbornness, but then why would they give up on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't hit their hand on the river or have something like two pair and were hoping you'd just check the river or make some small bet that they could call.

So something like "c/r??!?!? WTF. Is he for real?" Then after the cbet on the river, "[censored], I guess he's got the [censored]. I can't call that. But I'm putting in my notes that he's making a move on me. Next time I have a good draw or the nuts or he does this to often, I'll [censored] him up but good."