Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Scammed by 2p2 account LerkEr...Beware

I feel sorry for the OP, but why in the world would you trust this guy? You have never met this guy, except for online through 2+2 and AIM or whatever. Sucks man, I feel for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 AM

Shannon,

It would have been prudent to go through this guys post history before making the trade. It is clear that he is not very bright and that he has little to no poker acumen. Also, it is probably unwise to trust people with 88 posts in 10 days.

Those people saying that you should never do swaps are obviously ignorant. As long as you take steps to protect yourself (stick to reputable posters, stick to posters who someone can vouch for, stick to people who are clearly winning players, <u>get their cell phone number before making the swap and call them to confirm,</u> etc. etc.) then you should not have any trouble.

I hope that they were able to freeze his account before he got the money off but knowing UB I doubt it. I urge you to persue this though. I know that your opportunity costs probably don't make the hassle of UB customer service worth your time, especially when it is so easy to write off the 2k but if they could find this guy and you can find a way to press charges it would be a net benefit to the poker world.

-Steve
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 AM

Still don't get how these thieves figure this [censored] out...oh wait it seams we give it to them! For [censored] sake how many " I got scammed" posts does it take before people get it. Only deal with people we know and trust.....if you have $10k to move you prob have played with some very good players and therefore they would have history on you and you on them...that would be a good place to ask about transfers.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys have too much money

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shannon,

It would have been prudent to go through this guys post history before making the trade. It is clear that he is not very bright and that he has little to no poker acumen. Also, it is probably unwise to trust people with 88 posts in 10 days.

Those people saying that you should never do swaps are obviously ignorant. As long as you take steps to protect yourself (stick to reputable posters, stick to posters who someone can vouch for, stick to people who are clearly winning players, <u>get their cell phone number before making the swap and call them to confirm,</u> etc. etc.) then you should not have any trouble.

I hope that they were able to freeze his account before he got the money off but knowing UB I doubt it. I urge you to persue this though. I know that your opportunity costs probably don't make the hassle of UB customer service worth your time, especially when it is so easy to write off the 2k but if they could find this guy and you can find a way to press charges it would be a net benefit to the poker world.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best post in the thread by far. Instead of being insulting people should be thanking OP for exposing a new method of scamming (pretending they want the same thing you want)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 AM

if your name is shannon shorr you do not have to sent first. make good use of your notoriety next time.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 AM

Note to self: do not give random unknown internet degens thousands of internet dollars. There may be a downside.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 AM

Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 AM

so does anybody believe uscphildo had any direct connnection to this? he has an acct on p5s, and i could make a post there about this, but dont want to unless there is at least something pointing towards him and not some other random just using his name as a tarp
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so does anybody believe uscphildo had any direct connnection to this? he has an acct on p5s, and i could make a post there about this, but dont want to unless there is at least something pointing towards him and not some other random just using his name as a tarp

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance whatsoever Phildo was involved. I've spoken with him at length.
Closed Thread