Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: PokerBob is in \"The Well\"

In a full ring live LHE game, if a good, solid player opens on the button and it is folded to you in the BB, do you defend with Q2 suited?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a full ring live LHE game, if a good, solid player opens on the button and it is folded to you in the BB, do you defend with Q2 suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not, unless I know said player will go off for lots of bets if I flop big and will always try to outplay me and is generally a [censored] and will never put me on that hand and when it comes A22 I can make much gamboooool.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 AM

Thanks for doing this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Other than LHE, what do you consider your best poker game?

- If you had to pick just one, what do you think the most crucial quality that any successful poker player must have would be?

- Moneymaker's ME win or the passage of the UIGEA: which do you think has had the biggest effect on poker & why?

- Tell us about what you think was the greatest poker hand you ever played. Feel free to embellish & add things like ninjas and giant fire-breathing wombats to the story.

- What is your biggest current leak?

- A strong, straightforward player with whom you have a very good relationship chock full of mutual respect makes an UTG raise. Everyone folds to you in the BB, and you misclick and accidentally call the raise with 72o. The flop comes 777. Do you let him know that you misclicked & are holding quads?

- Through a freak genetic experiment, you discover that you have the ability to flawlessly read other peoples' minds. However, in order to do so you must wear extremely uncomfortable shoes which are two sizes too small. Do you wear the shoes?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Other than LHE, what do you consider your best poker game?

[/ QUOTE ]

stud8. i TORTURED schneids hu for a few hours at 6/12. that said, it's not hard when every hand you get starts A35.

[ QUOTE ]
- If you had to pick just one, what do you think the most crucial quality that any successful poker player must have would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think self-control and money management are the biggest, at least for someone who is a pro.

[ QUOTE ]
- Moneymaker's ME win or the passage of the UIGEA: which do you think has had the biggest effect on poker & why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. That's tough. I think UIGEA has affected me more, as the limit games seem to be dying, plus I was into poker before Moneymaker's win. That said, I think they both have had huge effects. Ugh. I hate even thinking about UIGEA. So stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
- Tell us about what you think was the greatest poker hand you ever played. Feel free to embellish & add things like ninjas and giant fire-breathing wombats to the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Well, I'm sure it is not the greatest, but it is probably the most memorable. I sat in a 3 handed 100/200 game on Empire with the intention of harassing bicyclekick in chat, but being a moron, I ended up posting UTG. That horrified me. Even more horrifying was that I was dealt black Aces. [censored]. Now I HAVE to get involved. I won like $1500 and busted the fish in the game. I played one hand, and was gone.

A live hand I played a few months ago that sticks in my mind was at 30/60. I think I liked this hand so much because the villain was (a) a lucky idiot and (b) had sunglasses on his head like an idiot that he would pull down onto his eyes if he entered a pot, not unlike the way Luke SkyWalker pulls down his blast shield. This kind of thing drives me insane. So, I open in MP with QT and he defends his BB. Flop comes something like J62 and he c/r's me and i call. The turn is a K and I raise his ass with my OESD. He looks disgusted and calls. The river pairs the 2 and he checks, I bet, he shakes his head for 10 seconds, grumbles about how lucky I am, and then folds. For some reason that one felt really good. Guess he shoulda used the force.

[ QUOTE ]

- What is your biggest current leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to sound arrogant, but it's actually the opposite: I tend to give my opponents too much credit for being able to hand-read and play well. I am an idiot and can figure out what people have, so I assume that they surely can do the same. I am often wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
- A strong, straightforward player with whom you have a very good relationship chock full of mutual respect makes an UTG raise. Everyone folds to you in the BB, and you misclick and accidentally call the raise with 72o. The flop comes 777. Do you let him know that you misclicked & are holding quads?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. once he calls the river.

[ QUOTE ]
- Through a freak genetic experiment, you discover that you have the ability to flawlessly read other peoples' minds. However, in order to do so you must wear extremely uncomfortable shoes which are two sizes too small. Do you wear the shoes?

[/ QUOTE ]

for a week. at the bellagio. in bobby's room.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 AM

Under what conditions do you call a raise in the BB with any two suited cards? Thanks.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Under what conditions do you call a raise in the BB with any two suited cards? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm getting at least 9:1, i usually call. i also try to call if i'm going to flop a boat.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 AM

bob, how did you come up with the word ponger?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bob, how did you come up with the word ponger?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't. A guy I lived with in college did. I don't recall the details of the conversation or what we were doing, but somehow an Asian person got referred to as a "ponger". I of course had no idea wtf he was talking about, so I asked. He explained that at Union South (at UW-Madison), if you go in there at night, the ping pong tables are overrun by Asians. Thus, he calls Asians "pongers". It remains my favorite racial epithet.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM

thanx again for doing this. besides SSHE and HPFAP, what other books would you suggest for limit holdem
Old 07-17-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanx again for doing this. besides SSHE and HPFAP, what other books would you suggest for limit holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Theory of Poker and Inside the Poker Mind. They both really helped me a lot.
Closed Thread