Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Default PP check up

All these guys play way too loose and aggressive.

It's 4 to me semi-cold preflop but it looks like this pot will get huge. OK to call it or no?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (21 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

I can call this and see the turn right? We don't lead or c/r here do we?
Maybe even call one if UI on the turn?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: PP check up

preflop you are getting 16:3.5. assuming you need a set to win and that you win whenver you flop a set, you need to make up 7.5:1 * 3.5 = 26.25 sb = 13 bb.

if these guys will go bonkers postflop with just overpairs or whatever, that pushes me towards calling. if all of them can have a worse hand than TT here, go ahead and call.

as flopped, go ahead and peel and see what happens next.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 AM

if you lead, I don't see anyone folding with such a large pot. There's about a good of a chance you're behind. What would you think they'd 3 bet with pf? You're ahead of AK, AQ, but behind anything with a J as well as kk, qq, aa. But can't really fold with 22:1 though. I think the play was right.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 AM

grunch

Even though read is they are too loose and aggressive I think I fold it PF.
As played call c/c the flop. Fold turn UI I don't think you get the odds for a 2 outter
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 AM

I really do not like the call PF personally. You are most likely up against atleast one high pocket pair JJ+ which leaves you about 2 outs against those hands. Then you have the others who will most likely have strong high cards such as AJ+ As played however I would call one bet on the flop b/c you are getting odds to chase your 2 outer. I would also call one bet on the turn if it is unraised. Again, I would fold this PF.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 AM

wow just wow! nice table. buttons play looks superb!

you can muck it preflop.

at least the big pot and no crazy action on the flop lets you correctly draw to your 2 outer. c/c the flo p even though we arent closing the action... be really careful UTG and MPs checking the flop ...it could be a tarp.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 AM

i just fold pf
Old 11-10-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All these guys play way too loose and aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-handed w/TT and a tiny discount, I'm seeing this flop. I'll get waaaaaaaaay too much action if I hit a set.