Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Default A4s flops flushdraw + top pair.

Villain is a smartLAG (31/25/2.69). He called my UTG KK raise from the BB with T7s, c/r a A93r flop, turns a FD and hits on the river, so he's very aggro.

I'm pretty sure preflop is spew (if you disagree please explain). How's the rest of my line?

Poker Stars, $2/$4 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, CO calls, <font color="red">BTN raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, CO calls

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BTN calls

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises</font>, Hero calls

River: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">BTN 3-bets</font>, Hero calls
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: A4s flops flushdraw + top pair.

this [censored] has tens. i am fine with how you played this
Old 11-21-2007, 04:57 AM

If CO is really bad and button knows this you can play a bunch of hands preflop. A2s being one of them. If BB is loose/bad its even better.

I dislike the flop donk for the reasons I always give when I see people donk into a preflop better that is c-betting 100% in that particular spot. You just give him a chance to fold KQ which he will bet and 2 bets goes in whenever you are behind.

I am not sure about river raise. You are hoping he doesnt raise AK, AQ, AJ on the flop when it is 3-way and the fish is still in there. I think this play is questionable on his part. An important point is that if you think he is capable of waiting with AK, AQ, AJ then he is also capable of waiting with AT, A6, A3s, 33, 66, AA.

Not sure he calls flop with TT but it sounds reasonable - I would.

I havent stoved it. But if you cant fold to a 3-bet I would guess the river raise is close. Simply because TT is the only hand that enters with full weight and because if he is waiting with AK he is waiting with 66, AA, 33
Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 AM

donkdonkdonkdonkriverriver
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 AM

Oink,
What river line do you favor then? c/c or b/c (I can't for the life of me c/raise/fold this).
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

If you cant c/r/f you need more than 50% eq. 67% if he 3 bets any better hand and calls worse.

I dont see the great features of b/c. He is betting for us anyway. Maybe b/c will induce him to raise worse hands but I doubt it.

As said. havent done the stove but I am not sure you have eq to c/r/c river. If so I would just c/c like a little girl
Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 AM

what are you doing on the river
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 PM

I would fold this pre-flop. You are OOP against both CO and LAG. Unless you flop an A or mid pair or a flush draw you are gonna have a tough time playing this. Take CO out of the equation or make it A8s and I 3-bet this all day.

On the flop I like the lead. We are looking to 3 bet this as Button will probably raise most of his range here.

Turn is fine.

River, I c/c here. I guess button could have a naked 10 here and call your c/r but if he is smart he should realize that you have at least an Ace here and get away from his 10.