Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM

Default PokerStars -> Stox Video Question re: FPP, etc.

There's an affiliate offering a free year of Stox training videos for signing up with PokerStars. This is about a $250 value. I realize I'm the only person without a Stars account in the civilized world, but I'm looking into this.

The catch is that I need to generate at least 250 FPP. In addition, for hands to qualify towards this 250, the rake must be at least 40 cents (ring games). Tourneys/SNGs need at least a $1 rake to qualify. I've heard each FPP is approx. 16 cents but I don't know how the whole system works.

So my question is what exactly am I looking at here in real world terms? I'm thinking I'd like to deposit 50 buy-ins and grind 18s,45s,180s, etc. Don't know if this is a good idea or not. What is the easiest way to meet this 250 fpp requirement? I have ~$600 I'd be willing to move over to Stars in order to get Stox training videos for a year. Ideally, I'd like to just do one session or so a week on Stars and keep my current gravy train moving along at FT. Hope this makes sense, I just need to know how hard it will be to get my $250 of value out of this...
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: PokerStars -> Stox Video Question re: FPP, etc.

another thread on the stox stuff, though i realize that's not what ur thread is directed to, but i thought it might help...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12651811

it seems u get good value on ur FPP for tourneys according to BW (correct me if i'm wrong, i don't play there), either way, i don't see this bonus taking u too long with the games u will be playing
Old 11-19-2007, 07:39 PM

I believe you get 5 FPPs for every dollar you pay in tourney fees.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks Banzai, that's what I was looking for. I'm thinking I might grind cash on PS instead of playing the 18 to 180s...
Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 AM

Each fpp is worth about 1.5 cents, the easiest way to get fpps are to grind a bunch of sngs/tourneys, u might wanna check what they require for tourney play though as another has said for every $1 in toureny fee u pay u get 5 fpps.