Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Wii: Medal of Honor Heroes 2

If you have a Wii and enjoy FPS games, then you should take a look at this. It got a decent 8.4 at IGN, but the main draw is the best-on-any-console controls and the 32-player online.

"What it is, however, is the best controlling, most entertaining first-person shooter on Wii, and a no-brainer for hardcore gamers. Everything from IR sensitivity, horizontal and vertical look sensitivity, and dead zone (the amount of space the IR can move without beginning to push the screen) is fully customizable, allowing for near-perfect control via the Wii remote."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/833/833766p1.html

runs at 60fps, looks decent for a wii game, and has a multiple hour bonus mode that is an on-rails arcade game (area 51, time crisis, etc)

"As the final portion of the MOH trifecta, online is an impressive first effort on Wii. The game runs with 32 players online and does so with very little interruption. With the option of playing deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag, players will have a decent list of options to work with, resulting in easily the best pure online gameplay on the system thus far. Simply log on to EA Nation, create an account (used instead of friend codes), find a lobby, and start playing. At any time you can initiate a vote to kick players or change the map, as well as outfit your soldier with different weaponry or change control style, making the experience extremely seamless for Wii's first online FPS. Since EA Nation also supports friend lists and quick-chat commands, MOH also allows for these options, so when logging on you'll instantly be able to tell which friends are playing where."

nintendo really needs to get voice chat up and running soon, as that is the major thing missing from these online experiences
Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Wii: Medal of Honor Heroes 2

This looks sweet. One of my roommates is getting one in the next few weeks so I see myself getting a few of the really good games even though I don't own it. I can always get another one later when she moves out...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM

What was this game knocked for?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was this game knocked for?

[/ QUOTE ]

because the WWII theme was beaten to death about 3 years ago
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM

Check the review out here:

Looks like a decent pickup for a Wii game if you want a different type of experience than Metroid. The last couple of MOH games have blown hard, and I used to like the franchise so hopefully they are getting it back on track.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the review out here:

Looks like a decent pickup for a Wii game if you want a different type of experience than Metroid. The last couple of MOH games have blown hard, and I used to like the franchise so hopefully they are getting it back on track.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the first one had input from Steven Spielberg (I know a guy that worked w/ them during development). I thinked he stopped after the first or second one and the games have fallen short ever since.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a Wii and enjoy FPS games, then you should take a look at this. It got a decent 8.4 at IGN, but the main draw is the best-on-any-console controls and the 32-player online.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you were spouting off no less than a month ago about how Metroid 3 had the best controls of any video game ever. and now MOH2 has usurped that.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Medal of Honor has been horribly generic ever since the Call Of Duty guys left years ago. I see nothing different about this one.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 PM

How do the 32 man games play? I just got COD, and have been playing 8-man free for all. Even though I suck at it (it's my first FPS), I enjoy hunting through the map and shooting it out when I find someone. I don't think I'd last more than 10 seconds with 4 times the amount of enemies.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 AM

i ll definitely be getting this, normally playing FPS on consoles is like pissing in the wind, but the Wii has changed that. the controls on metroid totally take a dump on any other console shooter, and supposedly they re even better here. the graphics look pretty decent and 32 player online should be crazy, the only ww2 shooter i played was wolfenstein, so im not totally burned out on ww2, wouldnt be my first choice for a fps setting, but the controls should trump that