Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 AM

Default AJs cold call and scary flop

lol sorry to say it but no reads. It's about my 5th hand at the table and I was taking notes on someone else for the 2nd -> 4th so... I don't know anything. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: AJs cold call and scary flop

I play it the same. You are behind nearly all of his range (AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,AQ)You really only beat AK and 99, chop with AJ. The 3 flush there is the icing on the cake.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:08 AM

folding looks fine to me.. id give you maybe 5 outs.. 2 for the remaining jacks, and 3 for the remaining non diamond kings.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really only beat AK

[/ QUOTE ]

really? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think as played you should fold the turn.

Preflop I like a 3bet better.

-Fluffy_Shark
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 AM

3-bet preflop and this hand plays differently.
Fine as played, the turn makes a bad situation worse.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM

I think that this is a fold on the flop.

You are behind most of a reasonable pf raise range for UTG, with perhaps 5 outs in an 8 sb pot.

8:1 is enough odds to call if your outs are all good. However, you could hit one of your outs and still end up either splitting or being redrawn.

In addition, you are not likely to get too much action if a K falls on the turn, other than calls from hands waiting to improve to a flush or full house on the river, or chopping hands. So, you dont have good implied odds.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 AM

:g:

I believe I play this the same - vs. an unknown, I don't wanna put 3 bets in with this hand, but I can't fold it with position either. So I call the raise. Flop is tough - my first instinct is that I feel I am behind, but I have outs. But the more I look at the hand, the less clean outs I find.

I believe this can be 9x9d once in a while too - but with no read at all, it's tough to keep putting money in hoping that this is the case.

Fold the flop.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Reraise preflop. show some fire. Dont be afraid of AQ or something, Shorthanded people raise with A9s, k9s. u know exaclty where u stand if he cap this, and u can fold this on this flop. Now i wouldn't know what to do on the flop
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:g:

I believe I play this the same - vs. an unknown, I don't wanna put 3 bets in with this hand, but I can't fold it with position either.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's open-raising from 3 off the button. Even if he's a bit on the tight side preflop, you're only a small underdog versus his range. If he's laggy, you're about even or have a small edge. With good position and the chance to knock out the blinds, creating dead money in the pot, I'm 3-betting this most of the time.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He's open-raising from 3 off the button. Even if he's a bit on the tight side preflop, you're only a small underdog versus his range. If he's laggy, you're about even or have a small edge. With good position and the chance to knock out the blinds, creating dead money in the pot, I'm 3-betting this most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ What he said...