Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 PM

Default how many holes in one did you have this year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3054244

that's just absolutely bizarre.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: how many holes in one did you have this year?

Never had one in my life. But I did hole one from 145 yards to an uphill green today. /brag. WOOT!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:28 AM

I've had two on a par 3 course (back to back in fact...and the second one my dad got one too), but I've never had one on a full course in maybe 500+ rounds. My dad had one this year (his 2nd)...it was a nice one too.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 AM

its amazing what people will do for attention
Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 AM

that lady is a tremendous douchebag
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never had one in my life. But I did hole one from 145 yards to an uphill green today. /brag. WOOT!

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you see it go in? Sounds like maybe not. My last ace was few years ago, probably 180 yards or so, flag was all the way back. I turned to my friend, who was a member at the course, and said "I think it went in". He just said "nah, I think it went over the green". So not the most thrilling, celebratory moment. The cart path winds behind the green so when we didn't see a ball we knew it was in, but it was kind of an anticlimax. Way better to see it drop.

Oh, and eff that lady in the OP. What a lying attention whore.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Obviously the lady has issues and no aces.

I've been lucky enough to have five, only one of those was in competition but it makes for a funny story.

My girlfriend at the time had watched me play a lot of golf and she had always said that if she ever saw me make a hole-in-one she would (do) me right then and there. Well, she's spectating during the last round of a tournament when I dunk a 4-iron from 200. We all saw the ball go in, my playing competitors clap and all I did was turn to her and point. She gets this confused look on her face before it finally hits her. She sputters a few unintelligible words while her face turns bright red and then I start shouting at her that she promised! By this time my competitors are most curious and they start asking questions. She remains silent but I shout over to her, "You know you promised you'd (do) me if you ever saw me make an ace!" So now of course everybody is cheering and hollering and my poor girlfriend is now white as a ghost. We even pointed out there was a bathroom right behind the green. She wimped out, needless to say everybody was disappointed.

BO
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 AM

Lol @ BO.

I had a hole in one 21 years ago at 13 yrs old. When I was on tour I joked with my caddies a few times that I was due to win a car or better cause I had waited so long for my second ace.

I once lipped out after coming back of a tier in the 3rd rd of the New Zealand open. Would've netted me a Honda S2000 convertible. I was playing in the second group of the day as I had made the cut (probably the only one that season) on the number. I was playing with Grant Waite and Nathan Green.
Nathan had earlier that season holed out for $500,000 at the Aussie Masters, which really kicked his career along nicely.
So I was probably the 4th or 5th guy to have a shot at the car. Later that day nursing a cold beer in my hotel room after a disappointing 79 I watch the tournament leader Greg Turner bring the ball back off the same tier and his ball stopped about an inch short right in the jaws. I no longer felt unlucky, because I can honestly say that 5 hours earlier his ball would've had no chance of ever stopping where it did. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm still waiting for Ace #2.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:14 PM

0 this year for me so far.

I'm going to New Zealand in a few weeks though so I'll be able to play a ton more than I have so far, so I guess there's still a chance I get one before the years out.

EDIT: LOL at that article.Good find.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:56 PM

1 career ace. 9-iron on a 155 yard hole during a high school tourney 4 years ago. What made it even more special was that it was backed up and there was a large crowd around the tee. Pretty nice feeling. Don't think I'll have too much trouble finding someone who can corroborate my hole-in-one.