Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Top full PL025

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: And please don't fold top full for $40 at PLO25 unless it is a very specific player dependent read. You'll stack an underfull much more often than you'll run into quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I'm not a full-house-folder, lol.
Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Interesting play with quads there by villain. Either brilliant or stupid, I can't say.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM

In this hand it's not so obvious that villain has quads, the flop call may indicate fd, Q8 or Q5. Of course it's opponent dependent.

(Sorry about complaining, but I don't see a reason why my post of similar question about folding top full was moved to bad beats section. The comments and jokes that followed thereafter were no use to anybody. I would've deleted the post altogether instead of moving it there. But, I'll try to be more selective when posting in future, sorry again.)
<font color="green">Hi nigul - I'm not sure how to reply. Moving your post was simply a judgment decision I made. Someone suggested your post belonged in the bad beats forum. As I recall, you played the hand fine but got rivered and lost. Your post read more or less like a bad beat story. And so after a few moments of reflection, I agreed with the poster who suggested that it belonged in the bad beats forum and I moved it.

At the time, it seemed the right thing to do. I didn't do it to hurt your feelings or insult you. I left a marker so that anybody from this forum would have easy access to your post if they wanted to respond.

The way QueroJosar phrased the opening post of this thread somehow led me to see his post in a slightly different light than yours. But I agree the two posts are similar.

Nothing for you to be sorry about. You didn't do anything wrong. I didn't criticize you, or reprimand you, or penalize you. I simply moved the thread to a forum that seemed more appropriate. It was no big deal. Nothing for you to fret about. All right?

Buzz</font>
Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 AM

if you can see his hand here folding is OK.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Easy Call
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand it's not so obvious that villain has quads, the flop call may indicate fd, Q8 or Q5. Of course it's opponent dependent.

(Sorry about complaining, but I don't see a reason why my post of similar question about folding top full was moved to bad beats section. The comments and jokes that followed thereafter were no use to anybody. I would've deleted the post altogether instead of moving it there. But, I'll try to be more selective when posting in future, sorry again.)
<font color="green">Hi nigul - I'm not sure how to reply. Moving your post was simply a judgment decision I made. Someone suggested your post belonged in the bad beats forum. As I recall, you played the hand fine but got rivered and lost. Your post read more or less like a bad beat story. And so after a few moments of reflection, I agreed with the poster who suggested that it belonged in the bad beats forum and I moved it.

At the time, it seemed the right thing to do. I didn't do it to hurt your feelings or insult you. I left a marker so that anybody from this forum would have easy access to your post if they wanted to respond.

The way QueroJosar phrased the opening post of this thread somehow led me to see his post in a slightly different light than yours. But I agree the two posts are similar.

Nothing for you to be sorry about. You didn't do anything wrong. I didn't criticize you, or reprimand you, or penalize you. I simply moved the thread to a forum that seemed more appropriate. It was no big deal. Nothing for you to fret about. All right?

Buzz</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, everything's all right, I just nagged for no particular reason [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. As I'm still beginner it may be sometimes hard for me to classify the hands in correct category. Actually I don't remember loosing with top full to quads in the past at all. The way I played the hand made me think that maybe the river decision was somehow bad. But anyway I probably wouldn't have posted it here if I hadn't lost.