Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Live NL200 Max. Standard Push?

Playing a live 2/2/3 $200 max game.

Hero: $190
Opponent 1: $130
Opponent 2: $150

I'm in EP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I limp for $3. Opponent 1 raises up to $15 which was kind of the standard raise for this game, but this opponent has been playing tight and I do not believe I remember him raising in the 2 hours I've been playing with him. At this point I put him on TT+. Opponent 2 calls. Opponent 2 was also pretty tight but straight forward so if he had JJ+ I would expect a reraise. I put him on small/mid PP or possibly AK. Its folded around to me and I call based on the fact that there hands are pretty transparent to me.

Flop (~$45): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check Opponent 1 bets $30. I now know that he has an overpair for sure. Opponent 2 calls which I believe rules out AK.

So the pot is little over $100 at this point and its $30 to me. I see myself as having 9 flush outs + a good chance of having an extra 3 Ace outs.

I raise all-in based on the fact I have probably close to 9-12 outs and there is about a 10%-15% chance that both opponents will fold. As I expected only Opponent 1 called after a long deliberation, he said there was a good chance I had the 7 since I was playing very actively but he still "wanted to gamble this time". Not surprisingly he showed me two Kings (cant remember the suits).

Standard push at this point or a little aggressive?

Should this just be folded PF after the raise and given my reads?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Live NL200 Max. Standard Push?

Anyone?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 PM

just call the flop, no FE, cant rep too much, they will still stack off if you hit

oh and fold pre
Old 11-26-2007, 05:07 PM

Given your reads that one player probably has a pair TT+ and the other one likely has AK, I think folding A9s preflop is definitely the move. As played, I'd probably just call the flop. The pot is laying you great odds, and given the action it seems HIGHLY unlikely that both players fold to your all-in.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a small change to your odds, but if you have opp 1 squarely on an overpair and opp 2 on some pocket pair, there goes a couple of flush outs...