Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Default PLO200/3Bet Pot/DEEP/Tough Flop Spot

Reads - Villain in hand is an aggressive thinking player and a definite winner in these games. He also knows I have a wide 3bet preflop range in this hand.

History - Villain has taken a few medium sized pots away from me last half hour or so and might very well have bluffed a few of them.

This could very well be a naked two pair/naked wrap/set/pair+straight draw or flush draw/or even an almost pure bluff some of the time.

If I raise: I can probably get villain to lay down a two pair/some mediocre-semistrong draws/maybe bottom set/other weak semibluffs or bluffs

Does anybody raise or call here? I know folding can definetely be justified but maybe there is some value here. I'll go stove this later when I'm not 4 tabling. [b]

$1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
4 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$178.80</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$739.15</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$486.10</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$117.25</font>)

Pre-flop: ($3, 4 players) Hero is SB Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BTN raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $23</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, BTN calls $16

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($48, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $48</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BTN raises to $192</font>, [i]<font color="#777777">Hero?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: PLO200/3Bet Pot/DEEP/Tough Flop Spot

I just want to also add that I feel villain is might be raising lighter here because he KNOWS that it's hard for this flop to hit my range VERY STRONGLY. He then would be using his position and deep stack sizes to play back at me.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:01 PM

meh, I fold...

The fact that both the Ah and the Kh is out there, makes this pretty nasty if youre up against a bigger FD+overcards. Youre not really in good shape vs anything in his range, and his raise is so big, that I'll doubt he folds much if you move in, except for some sick bluff/very weak hand. I just fold...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:31 PM

History + villain + backdoor spades + backdoor straight = all-in.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I fold...

The fact that both the Ah and the Kh is out there, makes this pretty nasty if youre up against a bigger FD+overcards. Youre not really in good shape vs anything in his range, and his raise is so big, that I'll doubt he folds much if you move in, except for some sick bluff/very weak hand. I just fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol good analysis..
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I raise: I can probably get villain to lay down a two pair/some mediocre-semistrong draws/maybe bottom set/other weak semibluffs or bluffs

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite right except he isnt gonna fold anything except pure bluffs.
Very likely hand for him is KJxx with Kxhh, but since we have two hearts, two queens (KQJx) and a king we are probably somewhat ahead of that hand. KKxx with hearts sucks though.

all
in
Old 11-22-2007, 10:46 PM

I'd stick it in if you were shallower, 125bb or so or less, but 240bb deep I'd fold quick.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 AM

i think by betting 35 to 40 on this flop it makes it a little easier to play and accomplishes the same thing. i dont think shovings that bad although i wouldnt be happy about it. he will show up with a combo draw a decent amount of the time that you have it bad shape. id probably just check call the flop here with these stacks here alot and check raise alot of turns that i think id have more fold equity with.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
History + villain + backdoor spades + backdoor straight = all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the above. SHOVERS TIME!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anybody raise or call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A he aint folding for slightly more then a miniraise if he aint purebluffing or retarded.

Its push or fold on flop. Calling is bad oop, with half potbet left.

If he is really aggro and think you can have any4 almost, I can justify gettting it allinn here. Obvs been much easier with 100bbs. And its high variance play.

If you overestimate how he views you and his raise isnt that wide, this is an easy fold. Also he know he have won alot pots vs you lately, so if he thinks you steam he shouldnt raise, expecting you to fold, if you have anything marginal/play worthy.

Even I can justify push, im gonna go into fold camp. To deep , to bad draw/made hand. Make the 8h into Ah and im much more pushhappy.