Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/29 - spoilers possible)

[ QUOTE ]

gold is incredible at aggressive-checking. the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-31-2007, 05:22 AM

Agreed that Jman made for pretty boring TV. IMO the players who make the best TV are either the ones I'm interested in watching play because they're really good and have some table presence (Ivey, Greenstein, Antonius, Townsend) or the guys with personality and generally decent poker skills (Negreanu, Laak, Esfandiari, Matusow). I'm not interested in seeing ultra quiet guys (Adams, Galfond), guys with personality problems (Hellmuth, Gold) or complete donkeys (Farha, Safai, etc etc etc). I can forgive Matusow for being a donkey because at least he's fun to watch, and doesn't sit there and drivel about how he would have flopped a full if only he'd played his 93o.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last week I agreed with some of your points but come on, Jman looked uncomfortable AGAIN and thats 3 weeks out of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that might mean something if all 3 weeks didn't come from the same 4 or so hours of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your point as Sammy has played badly over 3-4 weeks (5-6 hours) and it hasn't stopped anyone saying he's a spewtard donkey?

You can't have it both ways
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 AM

Jman is angry because he wasent invited to 500k table, I wonder why? I mean I cant find any reason for that...

HE WAS BORING. Think about 9 Jmans at the table. What an exciment!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:57 AM

Jman, BT, Durr, etc... I hope you guys all get to be on future HSP, or any other TV poker shows.

Golds BR: I highly doubt any of these guys have a "true" BR. Most likely they have money tied up in savings/checking/CD/brokerage accounts (for investment purposes). Not like they have 3.5 million in cash sitting around waiting in case they hit a down swing. I'm guessing they just tap into their investment accounts. So essentially their BRs are whatever their liquid money is.

Next episdoes: last years final episodes were a big let down. We had ivey, benyamine, and PA, and I dont remember anything interesting going down. So, while I think it could be awesome, I am not expecting it to be the most amazing thing ever.

I will say this: the fact that david williams is not on is promising.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Next episdoes: last years final episodes were a big let down. We had ivey, benyamine, and PA, and I dont remember anything interesting going down. So, while I think it could be awesome, I am not expecting it to be the most amazing thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. After every episode I thought "Ok this wasn't so good but the next one will be GREAT". Actually never happened. Hope it won't be same this year.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 AM

Why donīt we just trust Brandon Adams ?

"The whole thing was a lot of fun for me. I watched all the stuff when I wasn't playing... the 500k min buy session is going to be the best poker TV of all time."
Old 10-31-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 should make a new rule:
you may only criticize players if you have made more profit in No-Limit Texas Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]While they are it how about sports message boards preventing criticism of professional athletes unless you have scored more points, hit more homers, struck out more batters, passed for more touchdowns.....

It's a message board. If we can't discuss the play on HSP what the hell else would we talk about?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you may only criticize players if you have made more profit in No-Limit Texas Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]While they are it how about sports message boards preventing criticism of professional athletes unless you have scored more points, hit more homers, struck out more batters, passed for more touchdowns.....

[/ QUOTE ]

or prevent movie critics from doing their job unless they've directed as many movies, sold as much in the box office, won as many awards....

here's a new rule: you're stupid
Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10% of their profits would shut up all the idiots