Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: BRAQ thread

Heisenberg, have you played above 15/30 since being a pro? If you have not, why? You seem to have the experience, bankroll, and skills to play 30/60.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heisenberg, have you played above 15/30 since being a pro? If you have not, why? You seem to have the experience, bankroll, and skills to play 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont even really play 15/30 that much..
My BR is only like 20k cause I spend my monies on strippers, golf and vacations..

Plus Im having a lot of problems handling the stress of the increased swings of the 10/20 and 15/30 game.

Would def not be comfortable playing 30/60 until I find a way to tolerate 10/20 swings better and stop spewing chips when im frustrated.

In more agressive games, its much easier to justify impulse tilt raises because people have "air" in their range a lot more than in the lower stakes.. Therefore there is SOME chance they are bluffing and you can win the pot. It starts being more about winning the pot then making money at times.

Basically until I increase my BR and fix some huge leaks related to tilt, im staying put.

Side note:
Solid_P ... Very impressive man... Id be very curious to see what spots you fold in that im not.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:23 AM

so what kind of rakeback deals you guys getting?

Is anyone playing at one site solely? or you guys move around

If anybody can give a rundown of ok deals they have it would be appreciated
Old 09-26-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i bet he folds more than everyone (af). clearly he is the boss

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true. I can only imagine what my cashier window would look like if I folded half the times i made "crying calldowns" lol.

solid_p, dude, I'm not kidding, plz consider taking me on as a project--can you turn a halfway smart and eager, but extra-leaky low/mid limit dweller into the machine you clearly have become?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was a few months ago, I might of done it for the right price. But I currently have a full time job which leaves me with very little spare time.

I think my high af comes from betting/raising more than most do and not from folding a lot.

Software, just the usual stuff (PT, PA).

And btw, I think veganmav's results are a greater achievment since he plays higher stakes than me (I think). I consider him one of the better posters here.

Thanks to the encouragement here, I might move up and check things out. Though, I usually make a insta-move-down when things start bad...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Live vegan, the first ~8k hands were brutal, haha.

I guess NL doesn't count tho? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I've got another ~100k hands with slightly better winrate, but my PT database during that period is corrupted since the import missed about half the hands in that period, so I don't get to make a huge graph. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am too lazy to put in more than one picture since it takes me way too long but I thought this was worth sharing.

And, I don't have the luxury of playing on Party. Like vegan I won't be graphing in dollars or discuss sites but mostly playing the big ones anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

siiiiiick! HUHU in there?

Surf
Old 09-26-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true. I can only imagine what my cashier window would look like if I folded half the times i made "crying calldowns" lol.

solid_p, dude, I'm not kidding, plz consider taking me on as a project--can you turn a halfway smart and eager, but extra-leaky low/mid limit dweller into the machine you clearly have become?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read all your posts in this thread and have bit my tongue but now have to ask - seriously wtf are you talking about. yes he is crushing but he's crushing 5/10 and 10/20. those games are so so different than 30/60-100/200, which i was under the impression you play (maybe i am wrong about that, in which case ignore this post).
Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read all your posts in this thread and have bit my tongue but now have to ask - seriously wtf are you talking about. yes he is crushing but he's crushing 5/10 and 10/20. those games are so so different than 30/60-100/200, which i was under the impression you play (maybe i am wrong about that, in which case ignore this post).

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, i play 5/10 - 15/30 still. i agree that veganmav's accomplishments are very impressive but i have no way of judging just how impressive whereas solid_p's stuff i've never even seen before and he plays at similar limits.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:26 PM

ah i don't know why i thought that. maybe i was confusing you with vegan.

and solidp i didn't mean to undermine your accomplishments. they are in fact extremely impressive. and yeah you should move up immediately...you should have along time ago.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ah i don't know why i thought that. maybe i was confusing you with vegan.

and solidp i didn't mean to undermine your accomplishments. they are in fact extremely impressive. and yeah you should move up immediately...you should have along time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx mate. You're right about the differences in stakes, so no offence taken.