Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:25 AM

Default My first stab at an Adsense & click arbitrage website

Here's what I'm working on:

My site

Any ideas about "ad" layout; placement; and color from the gurus would be appreciated. I really hate cluttering it up too much - sometimes less is more. I'd really like to keep it's overall appearance as a content site with some ads, rather than an ad site with content.

As far as the click arbitrage goes, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I figured I'll just start pedaling and see what happens. I have a cap of .10 per click on adwords and a pretty extensive list of keywords (thanks Josh) so I figure I'll just see how it works out.

Like I said, I'd appreciate any feedback from any of you who have ventured down this road. I'm new to the whole IM game, but I'd be glad to return the favor. I'm not too good with the cms thing, but I have some design and layout experience. (I did the graphics in photoshop and illustrater and the web page with golive.)

Anyway, thanks to all of those who chimed in on "the project".
Old 01-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: My first stab at an Adsense & click arbitrage website

Im just getting into adsense myself but I think it would be good idea to have a little more content on the main page that include good keywords. Maybe a preview of a few articles or something for the search engines to look for...

Other than that it looks pretty sharp.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 AM

So your plan is to pay $.10 a click for people to come to your site and hope that they click enough on your ads to pay for it?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your plan is to pay $.10 a click for people to come to your site and hope that they click enough on your ads to pay for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Im not ure what you mean...please clarify.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy low and sell high - that's the plan. I'm paying up to .10 per click and some of the ads on my site will pay me over 2.00 per click. (at least that's what it would cost for a 1-3 placement on adwords for the keywords I'm targeting.)
We'll see how it works out.
I'll keep you posted.

(I did put a 20.00 a day cap on adwords just in case.)
Old 01-10-2007, 04:42 AM

cool site...i just made you $.10 on your page! shipit!
Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 AM

Home Page - More info.

Article Pages - Try a box shaped adsense block within the article. Try out other ad positions. Banner shaped ad block between the page title/photo and article. See which works best.

Books Page - Get an Amazon, Alibris & Ebay affiliate accounts. Put some products on visitors can buy.

Fix your Meta Title: Different title for each page. Include Ernest Jones.
ex. Books Page Title: Ernest Jones Golf Swing Books

Fix your Meta Descriptions: Different description for each page. Include Ernest Jones.

Not sure why you would need PPC. You already rank well for Ernest Jones and many variations. Your time would be better spent creating more sites with a similar narrow focus. Its not as exciting as PPC arbitrage but a slow steady cash flow from a bunch of sites that require little maintenace still pays the bills.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 AM

Your page won't load for me. Is it down?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Home Page - More info.

Article Pages - Try a box shaped adsense block within the article. Try out other ad positions. Banner shaped ad block between the page title/photo and article. See which works best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll work on those.

[ QUOTE ]
Books Page - Get an Amazon, Alibris & Ebay affiliate accounts. Put some products on visitors can buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question here. A mod on a large golf forum will give me a sticky for my site as long as I don't have any "buy it now" type ads on my site - they have 50k+ registered users, so I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the potential traffic. Any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Fix your Meta Title: Different title for each page. Include Ernest Jones.
ex. Books Page Title: Ernest Jones Golf Swing Books

Fix your Meta Descriptions: Different description for each page. Include Ernest Jones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a problem here also. There's a major jewelry site called "ernest jones" and whenever I put that name in the tags it pulls up a whole host of jewelry ads from adsense. I changed all the title and description tags to "golf swing" but I'm not aware of how I can filter the ads by keyword from my tags. Can I do this with tags? I tried filtering the urls on adsense, but it just kept feeding new jewelry ads in. Am I right on this?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why you would need PPC. You already rank well for Ernest Jones and many variations. Your time would be better spent creating more sites with a similar narrow focus. Its not as exciting as PPC arbitrage but a slow steady cash flow from a bunch of sites that require little maintenace still pays the bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple other ideas where I think I could get a higher CTR; higher returns and much more traffic. I'm just treating this as a test market to learn the game. Like I said, it's my first venture into IM. But I appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's doing PPC arbitrage, and yes, that's the basic model.