Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Last One (Razz trny)

I know these are all similar, I just want to know I am not missing some subtle differences that affect whether I call 6th. Thanks.

Tournament - Razz - Level VIII (200/400), Ante 40, Bring-In 60 (converter)

Hero: 9,923
Seat 2: 2,119
Seat 3: 1,004
Seat 4: 6,675
Seat 5: 9,207
Seat 6: 7,350
Seat 7: 4,324

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (5.70 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.35 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.35 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]??
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Last One (Razz trny)

I call. Your cards are pretty live and since Seat 7 didn't raise, he's saying he's paired.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 PM

I think the biggest problems here are on 3rd and 4th where you failed to limit the hand. You had a prime chance to get it heads up on 4th but you just called and gave the T odds to call also.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call. Your cards are pretty live and since Seat 7 didn't raise, he's saying he's paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lean towards raising 3rd but maybe not due to the dead cards and the 7 showing. Definitely raise 4th.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, he has a a 6 and he's extracting the maximum. You're closing the action though, so go ahead and call.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 AM

Do we really want to knock out T8 and J5 on fourth street?

If you're going to fold sixth street, fold fifth instead. I think you need to see the river, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 AM

Not raising gives those hands about the right odds to call and see 5th. You'd rather deny them that choice. Combined they have about a 15% chance of winning the hand on 4th. Individually them calling might be a mistake but together, not so much.

Getting them out raises your equity from about 45% to about 55% - true, you're getting more equity in a smaller eventual pot, but I think it's worth it. Chase them out and collect the dead money.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lean towards raising 3rd but maybe not due to the dead cards and the 7 showing. Definitely raise 4th.

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, it was an ugly board and the 6 raised and I just wanted to limp in and have an easy out.

I think the 4th street raise (or lack thereof) that Rusty brings up is an interesting debate point. No one in this $1 trny was going to fold 4th unless they had a T in the hole and maybe not then. But I could have gotten more money in at that point since my hand improved. I think I didn't raise because the board really was so bad I just had no faith in this hand holding up. But then, I'm thinking I don't raise enough on 4th just generally.

I did call and Aced the river and won the hand. I am looking to establish a general rule about calling with the best or at least a live draw. I note in higher stakes cash games that every good player seems willing to call pretty much anything against made worse hands with better draws. and live cards. So, I'm presuming the RoT is: if you need two perfect get out but if you need one reasonable stay in?