Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 AM

Default 2 From the Money on a WSOP Seat, 3 Way Pot and Player Reveals His Hand

Not sure how to import full tilt histories so i'll just type what i saw.

FT at Fulltilt, 9 left, 7 get WSOP seats and 8th gets $4000.

Small stack goes all in. Two other stacks call him. Flop comes two spades king high. Flop is checked.

Turn is a third spade. The big stack on the BB bets. The other guy sits there and sits there. If he calls basically its all his chips. Looks like he's debating calling. The BB big stack says "What are you doing" the other guy said "i have AK top pair top kicker" then the guy who bet types, "I have the flush queen high" and then the guy with AK folded.

So if this is not allowed what should happen to them? As it stands they are both going to the WSOP.

I know most sites dont allow players to type when someone is all in but clearly fulltilt does.

Sure in theory the guy could not be telling the truth about his hand but if there is ever a time for collusion this is it on a bubble situation when a seat is being awarded. I think everyone who saw the chat believed the guys to be telling the truth but I guess that is irrelevant. Are you allowed to discuss the hand like this? Perhaps its no different from saying, "I have you beat" (when you're bluffing) but with the third party involved I think there is incentive for them to tell the truth.

Also in the endgame situation I was at a FT with 1 spot to go before a WSOP seat was awarded. The small stack was going to be all in on the BB on the next hand. Would it be against the rules for someone to point out that everyone should limp the next hand calling the BB all in? No one pointed out the obvious and only 3 people came in the pot and the guy quadrupled up.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: 2 From the Money on a WSOP Seat, 3 Way Pot and Player Reveals His Hand

Having more people limp doesn't necessarily hurt the guy; after all, if he can beat three other people, he probably had to have a pretty good hand that would be hard to beat by random hands limping, unless it was a weird situation where the three actual limpers took each others outs away, etc. The more people limp, the more chips the all in player gets if he wins. If he had just one big blind, and he quadruples up, he's not as much of a threat as if he octuples up.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Re: 2 From the Money on a WSOP Seat, 3 Way Pot and Player Reveals His

If everyone is in on the hand its about 90% certain the tournament is over right there. If he octubples up sure he's in decent shape but there are other short stackes. I think that is definitely the right move. Perhaps some of the smaller stacks could free ride and not join the pot, but hopefully at least 5 or 6 hands should come in and try and take him out.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The BB big stack says "What are you doing" the other guy said "i have AK top pair top kicker" then the guy who bet types, "I have the flush queen high" and then the guy with AK folded.

So if this is not allowed what should happen to them?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If the BB big stack has a queen high flush, he cheated. The seat he won by cheating should be taken away from him and given to the person who won the $4000, and the $4000 should be given to the person who went out on the bubble.

It seems like a harsh penalty, but there is no "fair" way to do it. There is no going back and playing it out again.

If I were the 8th or 9th place finisher, I would be on the phone/fax/email with support.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 AM

So what are the rules in terms of discussing hands? I guess technically he could say "How does he know i'm telling the truth. I could say anything"
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 AM

Why is he thinking about calling with AK there and why is the big stack stopping him? These are the kind of people playing in the main event. nice