Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: NCAAF Week 13 Early Lines

lol @ "teams to short list"... how has that worked out for you? And Daniel was exposed after losing to Oklahoma? They lost that game due to one of their gadget plays that [censored] up and a pick that went right through the receiver's hands.

Since you switched accounts, your posts are even more comical. Please don't stop posting though, I love the fade material.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 AM

I think UGA is huge awesome value at -3. Tech doesn't have a 'true' homefield advantage for one thing (small, unimpressive stadium at least 25% minimum UGA fans). Tech really doesn't have a single position they are better than UGA. Choice is their best player and is very good but UGA is so loaded at RB with Moreno, Brown, and possibly Lumpkin back as well. I am admittedly a huge UGA homer, but UGA should be way better on both lines, with a better passing game, and better running game. defense just played lights out against a good kentucky offense(13 points allowed when the O turned it over 4 times). UGA has something to play for (Sugar Bowl trip even if Tennessee wins). I think the true line is maybe -5 or something. Go dawgs.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM

Georgia Tech +14 (ev).

Line shopping ftw. I took this early in the year with a "u"ga fan. Mostly he's just a big SEC guy who will give you the best of it if he feels strongly. I got Ohio State +2.5 -200 in the title game last year...okay, so that didn't work out great, but don't be results-oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM

You guys saying GT doesn't have anything to play for don't understand college football rivalries.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM

To be fair, I never said GT didn't have something to play for. I was more inferring that UGA had something tangible to reach. Of course GT is going to be amped.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM

GT has A LOT to play for...they just dont have a lot to play with...

there is not one position where they have better talent!

BUT even with all of that of course anything is possible..I just cant see how the line is not -7.

Also as I said above at the VERY least 40% of the crowd will be UGA...

Good luck to the Tigers against Bama...I think that game will be a toss up...but home field for AU should be the difference especially at night....
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think UGA is huge awesome value at -3. Tech doesn't have a 'true' homefield advantage for one thing (small, unimpressive stadium at least 25% minimum UGA fans). Tech really doesn't have a single position they are better than UGA. Choice is their best player and is very good but UGA is so loaded at RB with Moreno, Brown, and possibly Lumpkin back as well. I am admittedly a huge UGA homer, but UGA should be way better on both lines, with a better passing game, and better running game. defense just played lights out against a good kentucky offense(13 points allowed when the O turned it over 4 times). UGA has something to play for (Sugar Bowl trip even if Tennessee wins). I think the true line is maybe -5 or something. Go dawgs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Tech grad, and even I can't defend this line. To get me to bet Tech, you'd have to give me like 10 or so. I'm not a sports bettor, so I'm probably the voice of ignorance in this thread, but I just can't see why this line is so low. Georgia has beaten multiple quality opponents this year, and we haven't beaten anyone decent since Clemson on September 29. Georgia has won 5 straight, including 3 over top 25 teams.

Again, I am not a sports bettor, so I probably sound as ignorant as the beginner poker players in the strat forums, but oh well. Bet the house on Georgia.

p.s. Regarding home field advantage, I think the actual setting has more to do with it than the makeup of the crowd, and if anything, it sure helps a lot that it's not in Athens.

p.p.s. To hell with Georgia!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM

I certainly think Georgia Tech will be motivated and ready to go, but here's what they've done in "big" home games this year where they really had a lot to play for:

vs. Boston College: L 24-10
vs. Virginia Tech: L 27-3

And Georgia's better than either of those teams. They're not really a good matchup for GT either as their rush defense is 25th in the country against a pretty difficult schedule. I really don't understand this line at all.

With that said, it's not like there are going to be a lot of squares betting Georgia Tech. Maybe Stafford and Moreno both have secret torn ACLs that no one knows about like Dixon. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll probably just leave this alone and root for the Jackets to pull the upset.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM

"With that said, it's not like there are going to be a lot of squares betting Georgia Tech."

This is what scares me soooooo much as well...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs. Boston College: L 24-10
vs. Virginia Tech: L 27-3

And Georgia's better than either of those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue they're not better than Virginia Tech. Either way, the line looks low to me too, but not as far out of whack as some people seem to think. I think I would have made it like 4.5.