Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/12 - Show Open)

Based on this week's final episode, shall we officially call the K8 suited the "Lederer"?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 AM

lol @ thinking howard and phil dont like each other. just b/c on called the other idiot or w/e
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth's awesome. Ferguson is so bothersome; I would get furious with him at table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Hellmuth is awesome and Ferguson makes me furious. Is this a level?

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this mean?
Is using the word level, leveling?
Because everyone uses it. And to me it sounds like posing. Come up with new rants. PLease.
Or, legitimate language, and argument.
Thank you.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:04 AM

Hellmuth: "Howard probably has more experience playing Heads-Up NLHE"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 02:42 PM

"the best holdem player in the world is by far me, it's not even close, in tournaments and.. i mean there's some that are close to me in cash games.. i havent proved myself in the cash games.. i crushed all the holdem cash games for years.. but not at the super high limits"

Ivey's face is priceless

Can't he just shut up and play the highest games on full tilt? He should prove himself instead of all the talk, there's no doubt he's serious
Old 11-18-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth: "Howard probably has more experience playing Heads-Up NLHE"

[/ QUOTE ] I laughed. Hes totally serious too.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 PM

Let me throw this out there... because clearly Phil Helmuth has accomplished some things in his poker career. So it seems virtually impossible he is as bad as he seems to be playing on TV events lately.

Any chance he is putting on this ridiculous act on TV in hopes of not showing up how he plays in situations where he is not likely to be on tv? IE is he playing possum and trying to throw people off from reading him on tv.

I know it is far-fetched, but sometimes I watch Phil play, and it is ridiculous. Like there is no rhyme or reason as to what he is doing. I don't want to give him too much credit, but seriously he plays poorly so often on tv it seems impossible to be how he is playing all the time.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 PM

IMO Helmuth is a great player in live MMT with avg to good player. On this PAD tournament is not his game. It;s a SNG winner take all with good to great player. but in this last show he play a good game. ya he talk alot but that part of the game. and his 88 where in a good spot it would have be interesting to see what had happen if that had held up.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:08 PM

I think Phil plays OK and can win when things go his way, but his rants are pure drivel.

Like on the hand where Chris Ferguson raised with JJ to $2400 and Phil re-raised to $6K, Chris pushed all in and Hellmuth had to fold. Hellmuth was right in thinking that because it folded to Chris in the button he may have bet out with a weak hand, but when Chris pushed all in he knew that he was beaten and could not call. I had no problem with the play from either of them. But then Phil starts ranting about how people play too reckless and blah blah blah . . .
The fact is that Phil made a play in the hopes that Chris had raised from the button with QT and got his hand caught in the cookie jar - Once Chris shoved Phil KNEW that Chris had either a strong ace or a decent pocket pair. Phil was the one making a play with a weak hand and he was going on about other players being too reckless.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 PM

I noticed that too , and I now am 100% sure that Hellmuth is delibrately doing this sort of thing. He is trying to throw off everyone - and make them think he is really folding something good. The image he is trying to project: he is a tight very timid player easy to push around.
The problem is the other pros are not going to fall for that kind of stuff but most amateurs would ..
Another thing - it seemed like his objective was to be on TV for all 5 nights and he accomplished that ...
That marketing machine keeps on rolling