Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Default mx5000 help

so i got myself the mx5000 BT keyboard+mouse combo for maximum ballaness. except.. it doesnt seem to be working too well.

the major issues are that after the keyboard has been idle for a little while (like 30 sec), the next time i hit a key, its doubled. and every now and then the mouse really slows down (i draw a shape with the mouse and stop and the cursor painfully and jitteringly follows like a second later). this does not seem to be load-related as it happens even when im doing nothing but moving the mouse on my desktop.
the BT connection should be about as good as it gets - mouse&kb are less than a meter away from the receiver. i am using xpsp2 and windows native BT stack.

now ive seen this combo in a number of "post your baller desktop setup"-posts, so surely this kind of crap cant be just tolerated.

there are also some pretty stupid design choices (F keys are really small and two first groups cramped together, no backlight, my left pinky keeps hitting the touchpad mute button, etc), but these are mostly minor.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: mx5000 help

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2006, 09:05 PM

I have this same setup and I've just learned to deal with the problems you speak of. It's not that big of a deal.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:54 AM

ok, i found a password-protected link on the logitech boards to a newer version of setpoint and logitech bluetooth stack (3.15). it appears to have fixed the keyboard double character issue and at least decreased the mouse wackyness. but its still proper [censored] at times though..
i played poker yesterday for the first time with the new setup. lets just say its a pretty panicky situation when you get aces and simply cannot hit the raise button. good thing pokerroom has keyboard shortcuts.