Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Standard or teh suck?

Could always switch to FTP with 27% rakeback. That'd get you about $800 back from rake.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM

To answer your question these hands were all I needed to finish off getting Supernova, I did pretty well in HoldEm and MTTs the first half of the year thankfully. I think my main problem was probably the 12-tabling aspect, not sure why I was in such a hurry in retrospect. Made it a little difficult to worry about how many times I was completing in the SB and so on... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Anyways, thanks to everyone for the suggestions! Hopefully when I give Omaha another try I won't pay quite as much rake and can play a little better. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Didn't notice the 12-tabling thing, but honestly that should be making you play even tighter. It's way easier to focus on all your hands if you get rid of 70% of them preflop.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 PM

OP mind if I ask how you reached supernova so fast and what your stars name is? Im sure we've played before if you've been multitabling those stars limits for 33k hands.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:41 PM

My Stars name is UHave_3_Outs. Would be cool if you had some notes on me you would care to share. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Anyways I'm not really sure I got Supernova all that fast considering I only play on Stars and mostly play 12 tables when I do play. In addition to the hands I posted I also played a lot of $2/$4 NL 6-max HoldEm hands the first half of the year and earned about 60,000 VPPs. I earned about 25,000 the month when the VPPs were doubled so that sped things up a lot. Anyways, I plan on taking a break from cash games for a while and focusing on playing MTTs as I seem to do best there.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so you're winning at 0.10/0.25 without rake and losing 10.58 BB/100 with it? I had no idea rake was that bad at low stakes in PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no joke, rake is structured in such a way that very few players can actually beat the 6-max $25PLO games. In spite of all the retards, it's the house that's laughing in the end.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so you're winning at 0.10/0.25 without rake and losing 10.58 BB/100 with it? I had no idea rake was that bad at low stakes in PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no joke, rake is structured in such a way that very few players can actually beat the 6-max $25PLO games. In spite of all the retards, it's the house that's laughing in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]My DB isn't that big (only had PTO a few weeks and been playing seriously for about a month) but it is VERY possible to crush this limit despite the rake amounting to about 15 PTBB/100. The other players are just so bad. I don't usually play more than two tables at a time. (BTW I think my VPIP from the SB is showing up as zero because on some sites the small blind is the same size as the big blind.)

Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM

imo it s even worse at the plo50 level where the rake just seems to double and the competion does get a bit better.
maybe the rake is also extraordinary high because op seems to be limping a lot creating a lot of multiway pots being raked higher.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Try playing HU on stars, I should be supernova twice already I think.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Stars name is UHave_3_Outs. Would be cool if you had some notes on me you would care to share. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Anyways I'm not really sure I got Supernova all that fast considering I only play on Stars and mostly play 12 tables when I do play. In addition to the hands I posted I also played a lot of $2/$4 NL 6-max HoldEm hands the first half of the year and earned about 60,000 VPPs. I earned about 25,000 the month when the VPPs were doubled so that sped things up a lot. Anyways, I plan on taking a break from cash games for a while and focusing on playing MTTs as I seem to do best there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with you a lot. I'm Q(o_O)-----D. I have a lot of notes on you.. basically dealiing with how passive you are =P