Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Default $110 HUSNG -- Whats his range? Whats yours?

I thought this was a very interesting hand. My opponent is loose and aggressive. Not much else to go on.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1660)
Hero (t1340)

Preflop: Hero is BB with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t150</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.

Turn: (t700) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1100) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t1110 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls with ??.

What range of hands are you calling him with on the river?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: $110 HUSNG -- Whats his range? Whats yours?

I wouldn't call this PFR against a LAG without some sort of premium hand.

I'd call with an A or a 7 obviously. 88-KK would've raised before the river and I would've raised a 6 on the turn likely.

If you've played with him before or are fairly certain this line is a bluff 33% or whatever of the time, I guess you can call with a K/Q. But if he's raising that wide preflop you should be able to shove or fold most hands preflop rather than call.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM

wow, i mean wow....assuming you are a good player i can literally tie u down to a hand here. preflop you flat call out of position which tells me that you either have a monster like AA, KK or a two broadway cards....also, a small pocket is a remote possibility, but not likely as those could be shipped easily for +EV. So on this flop you flat call again. wow. so here you have KK, AA, or you just flopped a [censored] set. Any other hand u call with here and ur a str8 donk (i assume u r not a donk as i've played u).

so ok on turn you check call again so here im thinking you might not have played the hand well because a check raise is good here....ALTHOUGH i could see a possible slow play with a big hand like AA, KK.

I'm pretty much calling all hands on this river that got me to this point.

Now if i had to gamble here, I'd say u [censored] around and played this hand poorly....i'd gamble that you may have floated this far with either overcards OR more likely some bs like 33-55 or some dumb hand like A6o. but I dont rope-a-dope this far and just toss whatever i have when he shoves river....what did you have ?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 PM

oh, gross, don't tell me u had KT+...i fold to the flop bet with that.

Indy

p.s. why do i get the sick feeling you had KTo?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Ryan, I think you're a great player, but your responses generally lack an analysis of the villain's point of view. Its possible that I'm just thinking of a few specific posts, but it might be something to think about more while you're playing. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm curious, do you like playing suited connectors vs LAGs?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 PM

Not OOP with effective stacks of 25ish.

The only hand I can understand a call here besides what Indy is talking about is maybe QJs or KTs. But those are going to put you in super tough spots if you choose to float. I think without a solid bluffing read you're not ahead enough on the river with those two hands.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 PM

Also, villain's point of view is highly overrated in any level of game I've ever played more than a few games in (up to 220).

Noticing when people tilt and their PF and postflop ranges given certain actions are what I look for, but a specific train of thought like "I think he thinks that I have this and he's going to do this" is where it gets really tricky and I generally think I have to know a villain for more than 10-15 minutes of play to come up with an accurate analysis in that area that even comes close to matching my reads on the things I mentioned I look for earlier in this post.

A lot of things like villain's hand range and how you stack up to that takes time and I don't do that for every single post I reply in, you're either going to be correct or wrong in calling when you do the math and I feel I have a pretty accurate generalization when I reply, I'm always thinking about that and that is how I play. I do the range vs my hand math a lot more outside of the forum to improve my own game, I just don't want to get into stuff that takes up a ton of time and is unnecessary in a lot of these threads when I could and do charge money for things like that (not to sound like a dick, but I think I do give a lot back to this forum).
Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 PM

I think I splash around (to steal a phrase from Phenom) wayyyy more OOP than you guys do vs this type of player. Obviously its harder to play, but I think you can get in some very profitable spots. Its higher variance, but that doesn't mean its a bad play.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM

nicho,

poker is hard.

that is all.

Indy
Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Yeah thats fair Ryan.

I wasn't really interested in a big decision tree math problem. More like some basic second level answers to what hands does villain play like this given the way I played the hand?