Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Default $110 husng -- Play this hand with me

This is the second time I've had the SB, and I have no relavent information so far.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed)

Hero (t1540)
BB (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">
<font color="blue">Decision 1: What do you think of raising with this hand so early? </font>
Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t100</font>,

<font color="blue">Decision 2: In position with a hand thats easily dominated, I'm getting good odds to call and see a flop.</font>
Hero calls t40.

Flop: (t200) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t20</font>,

<font color="blue">Decision 3: What do you make of this bet? Is it weak or strong? Can you fold for 20 chips getting 11:1 odds? If you raise, what do you raise to? How do you respond if he calls and the turn is a blank when he checks/bets? </font>
Hero calls t20.

Turn: (t240) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t20</font>

<font color="blue">Decision 4: Try to take it away now or avoid getting in a bad spot? I'll post the rest later... </font>
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: $110 husng -- Play this hand with me

Decision 1 : I like raising with this hand to set the tone . If I get re-popped , then I probably consider limping with a similar hand in the future . By the way , q-4 is close to my cut-off point for raising .

Decision 2 : Call looks good because it's suited [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

decision 3: You're behind here but it's not a bad idea to call to see how he responds for future reference .

decision 4: Just call again and play for phantom outs . Something just doesn't feel right to be raising with a hand that is most definitely behind . If he's ahead with ace high , then he's giving you the right odds to see the river . If he's ahead ,then you don't have the right odds to play on so raising is again pointless but calling is good for future reference .
Old 09-07-2007, 02:57 AM

I'm fine with decisions 1-3, but on decision 4 i think we just need to raise or fold.

I like raising to around 200, it gives us a good chance to win the pot there, and if your opponent calls, he likely checks the river where we can reevaluate.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 AM

Decision 1:
I think it's perfectly fine, I do it myself quite often. First of all, Q4s is not a terrible hand to raise with heads up, it's not a fantastic hand, but not terrible either. Second of all, one of the reasons I often raise such a hand early is to gain information. I want to know how he reacts to my raises and c-bets.

Decision 2:
I call here aswell, the reraise is terrible small and I want to see how he follows up on his pre-flop reraise. Does he lead? check? minbet? Shove? ect. That's basicly why I call, not so much because I plan to play a big pot unless I get a flush draw or another lucky flop.

Decision 3:
Impossible to say if it is weak or strong as long as vilian is unknown. At my lvl ($11-$22) a minbet like this, more often than not, means he is actually weak. On $110 sng's I guess people might be more deceptive.
I'm difinately not raising here, but I am for sure calling to see what he does on the turn. If he shoves a blank turn, that's something to think about for future hands. If he checks, fine lets hope for a free showdown to see his cards.

When the flop connects so terrible with the hand I have personally giving up the hand already. I'm playing for information now, not the pot. That's how I see it.

Decision 4:
Had hoped for a check here, but I am still calling hoping for another min-bet/check on the river.
-------

I haven't read the responses to this post yet but I'm very curious to see if there is anyone else who would call min-bets all the way with the intention of gaining information.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM

preflop is fine.

flop is meh. i sometimes call here but in these spots vs. the minbet fish villains, they almost always bet out on the turn. without info you really cant put him on a range either, and the deeper you get into hands like this early on the more likely it is for you to do something stupid (or at least thats what ive found personally)

so anyways just fold turn unless you have some sound logic as to how/why you can take this away