Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread - One outers

heh I did something I haven't done before and it made me feel kinda dirty. 30 MM game folded to small blind 6 handed who throws in a chip. I am in the BB with AA and uh pause and throw out 3 chips, then feel weird and say "uh you wanna chop?" and the dude (awful clueless jackpot winner who I'm pretty sure is coked up) looks all weird and can't figure out what to do and I just say "uh lets play" and he calls and check folds the flop. LOL.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 AM

Set a goal to play enough hands to make $12k this month playing live 20/40. After day 1, plus $2k. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] soft local game
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 AM

oh I found free monies! I somehow miscounted a 5k stack and discovered 1k extra! cheer.

and another possible first for me tonight, I successfully 3-barrel bluffed someone off of top pair by raising preflop with KJ, getting coldcalled, getting raised on a A 9 7 board, and then 3 betting flop and betting turn and river u/i. My image is awesome.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Set a goal to play enough hands to make $12k this month playing live 20/40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, that's like 200 hours! You're gonna play 50 hrs a week? Or is your winrate insanely high?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and another possible first for me tonight, I successfully 3-barrel bluffed someone off of top pair by raising preflop with KJ, getting coldcalled, getting raised on a A 9 7 board, and then 3 betting flop and betting turn and river u/i. My image is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar first tonight, too -- while this hand may be standard for a lot of LAGTAGs on this board, I rarely play hands like this and get results like this:

total maniac spewtard open-raises, tough TAG pro 3-bets in LP. I have AJ in the SB and think it over before capping. BB calls 3 more cold, spewtard and TAG both call, 4 to the flop for 16 SBs.

Flop is K72. I bet, BB tanks, exhales, and folds. Maniac calls, TAGpro thinks, shakes his head, shows his cards to his neighbor and eventually makes an agonizing fold, looking at me.

Turn is a 5. I fire again, maniac shuffles, scowls, and mucks. Ship the $400 pot with A-high.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Set a goal to play enough hands to lose less than $50k this month playing live 40/80-100/200. After day 1, minus $1500. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] soft local game

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right for me the way things have been going lately. Today was one of my better sessions losing only $1500. I was up 2k to start but then I got Crazy Mike to come play and everyone else started playing terrible, and apparently the better the game becomes, the easier it is for me to lose all my money. Got to play my ideal HU opponent as the game appeared to be breaking, one of those tight guys with no imagination that folds either the flop or turn without a real hand or draw. I broke his spirit after calling him with J high and eventually felted him, so I ended up winning back some of the money the experts won from me while Crazy Mike was in the game.

Also the best part of the night is when this dealer comes from an $8/16 game so she has some pink $2 chips. She uses one for the drop and Crazy Mike says "WHY DID SHE JUST DROP A $5000 CHIP?" I start cackling like a retard because it's hilarious, Mike gets this retarded jackolantern grin on his face because he made a funny, everyone else just sits there because they don't get it.

Seriously though, I need to win like 40k this month to make up for June/July because this summer has just been a disaster of horrible breakeven results in some of the most insanely profitable games I've ever been in.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Set a goal to play enough hands to make $12k this month playing live 20/40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, that's like 200 hours! You're gonna play 50 hrs a week? Or is your winrate insanely high?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think in the local game I play in and the foxwoods game 2bb/hr is very achievable if you playing effing good. That still leaves like 40 hours per week of playing. That being said I've always been lazy getting hands in so I'm actually going to try to play a ton for once.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Set a goal to play enough hands to make $12k this month playing live 20/40. After day 1, plus $2k. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] soft local game

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, my goal is to win $12k for the year!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Set a goal to play enough hands to lose less than $50k this month playing live 40/80-100/200. After day 1, minus $1500. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] soft local game

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right for me the way things have been going lately. Today was one of my better sessions losing only $1500. I was up 2k to start but then I got Crazy Mike to come play and everyone else started playing terrible, and apparently the better the game becomes, the easier it is for me to lose all my money. Got to play my ideal HU opponent as the game appeared to be breaking, one of those tight guys with no imagination that folds either the flop or turn without a real hand or draw. I broke his spirit after calling him with J high and eventually felted him, so I ended up winning back some of the money the experts won from me while Crazy Mike was in the game.

Also the best part of the night is when this dealer comes from an $8/16 game so she has some pink $2 chips. She uses one for the drop and Crazy Mike says "WHY DID SHE JUST DROP A $5000 CHIP?" I start cackling like a retard because it's hilarious, Mike gets this retarded jackolantern grin on his face because he made a funny, everyone else just sits there because they don't get it.

Seriously though, I need to win like 40k this month to make up for June/July because this summer has just been a disaster of horrible breakeven results in some of the most insanely profitable games I've ever been in.

[/ QUOTE ]
you clearly need to work on part b of the two part plan; part a which is bet and hope they fold. If part a fails, part b is get there.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, my goal is to win $12k for the year!

[/ QUOTE ]

My goal is to win (or not lose) enough money so I can still afford to pay for my nasty bubble gum habit. The Simpsons DVDs are definitely worth it. Amazon can be bad but I never had as big a problem with that as I do with eBay. I own so much ridiculous crap that I got on eBay and have no chance of ever using or even opening. Maybe someday my George Costanza bobblehead (a cool $36.75 w/ shipping) will find a spot on a shelf in my home.
Closed Thread