Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: HU NL Cash Advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say for most part play straightforward predictable poker and pick your spots.

Don't start making crazy calls and bluffs when the cards are not coming.

You can just leave and pick somebody else, when you're against a good opponent.

You HAVE to adjust to your opponents, but don't get too carried away from your standard solid game.

I think getting too agressive and trying to be way too unpredictable at these stakes is bit overrated. Patient and solid thinking is the key.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really good post.

i would reiterate: GAME SELECTION
PLAY IDIOTS, SHORTSTACKS ETC. If you play someone who is decent and lose 2-3 buyins, stop and find another opponent. There are too many morons to get in a variance war w/ another decent opponent (esp one who is running good)

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves reiteration. Good game selection is absolutely imperative, and this one of the major factors that convinced me to play HU cash instead of SnG's. For the most part you can't decide who you play in SnG's, but in cash you can quit whenever you want. (Of course hit and runner's are annoying though)
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Good people don't generally sit with me in HUSNGs. If they do, I ask them not to anymore. If they keep sitting I just take a long ass time to make a decision, 15+ seconds each time. I don't have the bankroll or incentive to gamble within 1% of a winrate each way from the rake.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 PM

the stats are definitely helpful for the first fifteen minutes or so. after that some people start adjusting, and the info doesn't mean as much.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM

Arent the numbers unreliable for the first 15 minutes?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM

that's assuming you datamine
Old 07-28-2007, 02:25 AM

I agree, you should really only use the datamining numbers to get a general feel for the player and come up with a gameplan at the beginning. After a while those numbers don't mean as much though. The main thing that matters is how he's been playing against you, and you against him.

Obviously if you have a ton of hands on the guy and he has some glaring tendencies you should keep them in mind but pay more attention to THIS particular game and less to what he's done against other random people.

Oh and don't tilt. No fun to watch 5 days of crushing go down the drain in 2 hours for NO GOOD REASON!!!! I love this game.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 PM

i agree with what most posts here. GAME SELECTION is key no matter whether its HU, 6 max, or full ring. if i find myself against a good opponent ill leave after a buyin. there are plenty of fish in the sea.