Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Can C-Mike be a long term winner?
Yes 6 31.58%
No 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Perception of a BBV poster

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In sum, you are more than welcome to rag on posters...

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein, may lie the problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no problem with some lighthearted jabs, like the kind of stuff diebitter gets about wanting to make 500 new forums.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: from pittm

I've never been one of the "Ban them - ban them all" brigade. I can't remember perma-banning anyone that wasn't an obvious spammer.

Although I've often been the target of RJ's venom-spitting, I'm with you on this, in a way.

I think I'd like him to receive a "painful" ban - say fourteen days - with a serious warning that he is hanging by a very thin thread, and he will get at least a month's ban, if not a perma-ban, for any future obvious infraction of civil posting protocol.

It would be imperative that he shouldn't be allowed to post under any other name, so perhaps a temporary ip ban might also be in order, if we decided this was a reasonable route to travel?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been one of the "Ban them - ban them all" brigade. I can't remember perma-banning anyone that wasn't an obvious spammer.

Although I've often been the target of RJ's venom-spitting, I'm with you on this, in a way.

I think I'd like him to receive a "painful" ban - say fourteen days - with a serious warning that he is hanging by a very thin thread, and he will get at least a month's ban, if not a perma-ban, for any future obvious infraction of civil posting protocol.

It would be imperative that he shouldn't be allowed to post under any other name, so perhaps a temporary ip ban might also be in order, if we decided this was a reasonable route to travel?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if it matters, but my opinion would be a last chance via a 2 week ban (no alias posting), with the understanding he has to stop the *unsolicited* personal attacks on his return. everyone has the right to defend themselves, but this latest thread was him being obtrusive.

humans being incinerated is something that hits a bit too close for me because i am jewish, but is still an awful thing to say/wish on anyone. he was not addressing the post, just attacking.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:59 PM

so he is still posting in bbv
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does he have any points here?

if not, we'll make the ban permanent

[/ QUOTE ]

That RJ hasn't been banned yet probably indicates that he's right and things could be done better.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does he have any points here?

if not, we'll make the ban permanent

[/ QUOTE ]

That RJ hasn't been banned yet probably indicates that he's right and things could be done better.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think that rj is right in this PM?

[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke right? so its cool for moderators to make terrible posts in the wrong forum and flame someone when they that out? and if i say anything back im banned? this site is turning into such a joke. there is a reason i want to be a mod and its so the worst decisions ive ever seen in my life stop happening weekly with you guys. what a [censored] crock of [censored]. who banned me anyways? what an absolutely absurd decision. i am completely disgusted that you allow such complete morons to run your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you are either a good frien of rj's (nothing wrong with that), or you believe that complete morons are indeed running the site.

hmm, maybe i knew what i was saying when i made that nasty comment to you. <------------takeback edit**
Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 PM

GM,

stop being a [censored] [censored] already. you completely misunderstood his [censored] post.

also none of us care that you are [censored] jewish, it has nothing to do with the issue, take you sensitivities light them on fire and stick them up your transvestite ass
Old 01-28-2007, 07:31 PM

kma [censored]

i apparently misunderstood
Old 01-28-2007, 08:01 PM

A pole.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a better pole...

[/ QUOTE ]