Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Terrible River for AA

Never played with villain before this session, only have ~40 hands on him but never saw him show down a hand. I wanted to be sneaky with my AA this time, I usually would 3-bet it but figured I'd get more value out of it this way.

Given the preflop smooth-call, does the hand play out standard? Do you call on a diamond that doesn't also complete a straight or should this have been a crying call anyway?

God I wanted A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($25.45)
Hero ($43.20)
Button ($13.80)
SB ($28.55)
BB ($8.10)
UTG ($10.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($13.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB folds, MP calls $10.

River: ($33.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $10.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $22.80
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Terrible River for AA

Why did you want to be sneaky? if you don't have a read on villain, what makes you think that just calling will get more value than raising? Calling just encourages button, SB AND BB to overcall since the odds will be so awesome, and you really would prefer to do this hand against fewer opponents

raise more on the flop, something like $5-6 at least, MP is getting rediculously good odds to call after the SB calls for $3. It is really hard to say if they are on diamond draws, straight draws, or even if they have you crushed with a set already with such a small bet, practically anything will stick around

turn is a bad card for you, as is the river. But again, since you bet so small on the flop, it doesn't hurt to fire a second barrel on the turn since you still might have the best hand