Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: NO INFORMATION GAME THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
Of course vote history means SOMETHING. But imo, most of the ways its used and interpreted is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

MOST OF THE WAYS YOU'RE INTERPRETED IS JUST WRONG [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So just theorizing here, and I'm probably way off, but...

In a normal WW game, when it gets down to five and a villager gets lynched, if there are no confirmed villagers that need to be killed off, might it sometimes be better for the wolf to not night kill someone, thus making it a four-person end game rather than a three-person end game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this at the end, and I think you may be right, if it is decided that the wolf wins if he doesn't get lynched on a 3-1 day.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:28 PM

Yea jeremy is right, assuming you are not forced to make a night kill, and the wolf wins in that situation.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 PM

This doesn't take double voters into account, does it?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea jeremy is right, assuming you are not forced to make a night kill, and the wolf wins in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the wolf is given the option to not take a night kill then the villagers should be given the option to not lynch during the day.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If the wolf is given the option to not take a night kill then the villagers should be given the option to not lynch during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the wolves would be more than happy to let them do that. If the village doesn't kill anyone with five left, the wolves would just do the night kill, and we still end up with four left.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the wolves would be more than happy to let them do that. If the village doesn't kill anyone with five left, the wolves would just do the night kill, and we still end up with four left.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I don't know what I was saying before. 4 people left and wolf doesnt want to kill to lower the villages choices, and village doesnt want to kill because they want the wolf to lower the villages choices. OMG INFINITE LOOP. I'm not sure what I just said but it made sense to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course with 5 left the village kills. The point is, if the village kills down to 4, and then the wolves don't kill to leave it at 4 the next day, then the village should *also* refuse to kill during the day of 4. Make the wolves kill a villager, get to 3, and then do a final lynch day.
So if you allow the wolves to choose not to eat at night, you should allow the village not to lynch during the day, and the result should be the same - the wolves kill every night, the village kills every day.

It works out a little different in some of these complex games due to protection and multiple kills at night and whatnot, which can cause it to be a 4 person finish anyways, which is advantage wolves. But that's okay; it's part of the game.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't work. the village would rather have 3 ppl left than 4. if its 4, village can just not lynch and force night kill. then wolves will not kill, and so on and so on. thats why kills need to be forced, imo
Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that doesn't work. the village would rather have 3 ppl left than 4. if its 4, village can just not lynch and force night kill. then wolves will not kill, and so on and so on. thats why kills need to be forced, imo

[/ QUOTE ]

It's warhawks like you that perpetuate this conflict!

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Pogsville dream.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former werewolves and the sons of former werewolf victims will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. And not lynch or eat eachother.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by the amount of hair on their bodies but by the content of their character.

And when this happens, When we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Pog's children, villagers and seers, Werewolves and Vampires, Mafia and Demons, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank Pog Almighty, we are free at last!"