Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hhs are you guys importing?

[/ QUOTE ]

exports from PT, all various types.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the people that still have this problem, is it all PT exports or do any of you have the problem with original hand histories? I assume it is both but if it isn;t it would save me some time trying to narrow this down.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, anyone who still has the problem please download:

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/ImportTesting.zip

And let me know what comes up when you try importing a hand into it.

Thasks,

rvg
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Just want to say that I'm looking forward to when all the improvements and documentation get's done. This will surly be a big step forward from PT2.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM

I am importing original PokerStars hands on Vista..
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the people that still have this problem, is it all PT exports or do any of you have the problem with original hand histories? I assume it is both but if it isn;t it would save me some time trying to narrow this down.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, neither "fresh" files from party or FT import.

When I use the import tester eveything works AOK, using exactly the same txt file.

also I get, "the database could not be deleted" when using DBDelete. Therefore, I have been manually deleting it through pgAdmin, not sure if this is relevant..... maybe I am being retarded and doing something wrong? However, HM creates a new database at start up. I am using 0.12b.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm getting the zero hands problem with one hh file out of around 300 (the rest import fine) These are all PS hh's exported from PT. The problem file is recognised and read by your test program.

B.t.w. you get an error when you try to read a PS hh where a player has joined and posted an extra blind.

Steve
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM

could you make it so the "_" minimizes Hold'em Manager to the taskbar? sometimes programs will disappear from the tray if they dont respond and then you cant restore them & have to kill them with taskmanager

im using xp. i imported a bunch of obs hh from pokerstars, most of them worked, but a few would say 0 import, 0 duplicate even though they had 100s of hands in them.
i put it in your ImportTesting.exe and it worked fine. let me know where to email it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

When I use the import tester eveything works AOK, using exactly the same txt file.

also I get, "the database could not be deleted" when using DBDelete. Therefore, I have been manually deleting it through pgAdmin, not sure if this is relevant..... maybe I am being retarded and doing something wrong? However, HM creates a new database at start up. I am using 0.12b.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't you. It would appear that for some reason hem is trying to delete the wrong database:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(53216) 2007-07-18 12:17:20 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(43073) 2007-07-18 12:17:25 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(59995) 2007-07-18 12:17:30 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(52279) 2007-07-18 12:17:35 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist</pre><hr />
"pokertracker" is my pgsql username and hem seems to be mixing up arguments. Guess it's a good thing I didn't have a "pokertracker" db because it would be gone now. This is a pretty scary flaw.

hem created its own db (which I was using the hem menu entry to try and delete above) but aren't sure it ever finished because I get some error that "not a user of role postgres" or somesuch. I use remote pgsql so if hem is supplying my entire windows username (\localhost\...) then of course that user doesn't have permissions for remote pgsql because that 'user' doesn't exist there. This may not be an issue, don't know.

But I'm also seeing a shitpile of "^M" (DOS EOL/LF characters) in the pgsql log so there could (also) be some basic inter-platform compatibility issue(s) with how cmds/data are sent/rec'd. IOW if remote pgsql isn't recognizing this DOS EOL/LF then it's getting one longass string as a cmd for which I'm guessing it has no idea what it is. The log has them correctly wrapped so maybe pgsql can interpret them but in using this setup for a very long time w/pt/pa I don't recall having seen this one before.

And lastly or because of, the db hem is creating seems utterly useless to it therefore (IMM) no hands can be imported:

HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(57255) 2007-07-18 12:23:30 EDTERROR: relation "players" does not exist
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(57255) 2007-07-18 12:23:30 EDTSTATEMENT: select * from Players where player_ID = 0
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTWARNING: nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 61
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTHINT: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTERROR: relation "importedfiles" does not exist
</pre><hr />
Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't you. It would appear that for some reason hem is trying to delete the wrong database:

pokertracker 192.168.89.1(53216) 2007-07-18 12:17:20 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(43073) 2007-07-18 12:17:25 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(59995) 2007-07-18 12:17:30 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist
pokertracker 192.168.89.1(52279) 2007-07-18 12:17:35 EDTFATAL: database "pokertracker" does not exist</pre><hr />
"pokertracker" is my pgsql username and hem seems to be mixing up arguments. Guess it's a good thing I didn't have a "pokertracker" db because it would be gone now. This is a pretty scary flaw.

hem created its own db (which I was using the hem menu entry to try and delete above) but aren't sure it ever finished because I get some error that "not a user of role postgres" or somesuch. I use remote pgsql so if hem is supplying my entire windows username (\localhost\...) then of course that user doesn't have permissions for remote pgsql because that 'user' doesn't exist there.

But I'm also seeing a shitpile of "^M" (DOS EOL/LF characters) in the pgsql log so there could (also) be some basic inter-platform compatibility issue(s) with how cmds/data are sent/rec'd. IOW if remote pgsql isn't recognizing this DOS EOL/LF then it's getting one longass string as a cmd for which I'm guessing it has no idea what it is. The log has them correctly wrapped so maybe pgsql is interpreting them correctly but in using this setup for a very long time w/pt/pa I don't recall having seen this one before.

And lastly or because of, the db hem is creating seems utterly useless to it therefore (IMM) no hands can be imported:

HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(57255) 2007-07-18 12:23:30 EDTERROR: relation "players" does not exist
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(57255) 2007-07-18 12:23:30 EDTSTATEMENT: select * from Players where player_ID = 0
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTWARNING: nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 61
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTHINT: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
HoldemManagerBeta 192.168.89.1(43259) 2007-07-18 12:23:58 EDTERROR: relation "importedfiles" does not exist
</pre><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, this is the code I'm using in DBDelete - hardcoded to avoid issues:

NpgsqlCommand CMD = new NpgsqlCommand("DROP DATABASE \"HoldemManagerBeta\"", CONN);

CMD.ExecuteNonQuery();

Not sure why the logging is saying something different? You seem to know quite a bit about Postgres so I'd be happy to provide any more info to get to the bottom of this.

Edit: And I;ve found with a few people that not having a "postgres" user name seemed to cause issues with DB creation. Still working through that but when I provided them the DB Creation scripts they were able to create it through pgadmin and then use HM to access the DB. I'm pretty sure they would not be able to delete the DB properly.

Another Edit: Here is the actual code that runs the DBDelete Process:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(CommonFunctions.A pplicationPath() + "\\DBDelete.exe", Configuration.ConnectionString.Replace("DATABASE=H oldemManagerBeta;", "DATABASE=template1;"));

One last thing about DBDelete, running it from windows explorer will not work. I actually pass in the ConnectionString as a command line to the program from HM.

rvg
Old 07-18-2007, 01:15 PM

here's a screenshot illustrating the problem. the first file is one that said 0 import, 0 duplicate when i imported the whole folder. the second file is one that worked. then i copied the first file to a new folder and it worked.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, anyone who still has the problem please download:

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/ImportTesting.zip

And let me know what comes up when you try importing a hand into it.

Thasks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still having the problem with 12b with exported PS hands from PT, but with the download above, it finds the hands ok. "300 hand blocks found".

Tell me if you need anything else.