Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Default how do steal/re steal situations adjust to deeper stacks.

This is basically a fundamental question, as i have very little experience playing with much monies in front of me. But how should my view of this apparent squeeze situation change, when we factor in that both him and I are deep? How is he likely to be adjusting to me? Is he squeezing a tighter range, or a wider range, if he is squeezing a wider range, is this now a calling situation instead of a 4b or fold situation based on stack depth? Like i said pretty standard, but its a situation im not familiar with.

SB: $239.00
BB: $880.90
UTG: $467.00
MP: $80.00
Hero (CO): $1,616.05
BTN: $428.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $14.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $72.00</font>, Hero
Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: how do steal/re steal situations adjust to deeper stacks.

BB's reraise not big enought to take pot down preflop, so he clearly is willing to play OOP post flop. I'd either fold, or call and hope for a set if I think he'll stack off with a big pair.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB's reraise not big enought to take pot down preflop, so he clearly is willing to play OOP post flop. I'd either fold, or call and hope for a set if I think he'll stack off with a big pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good villain would be less likely to RR small with a big pair to cut down implied and pot odds, and is probably RRing to the same size most of the time, no matter what he has.

Calling to set mine is absolutely terrible if villain is like any solid MSNL player and RRes with a wide-ish range. Also a read on the SB would help. His stack size is perfect to go all-in here, but that depends a lot on how he plays and what he thinks of you two.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM

So based on the first two comments i assume that he is not reraising any different of a range, then he would if we were only 100bb deep? Can that be right?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So based on the first two comments i assume that he is not reraising any different of a range, then he would if we were only 100bb deep? Can that be right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably wider if he's good.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably wider if he's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that would prob mean Fold &gt; call &gt; 4b &gt; ???
Folding being best cause we arent getting implied odds on most of his range.
Calling second because we can bluff the flop in some spots if his range is wider.
4b being last because based on our stack sizes we are going to have to commit to a full pot sized raise to rep a big hand......