Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Stats checkup: any obvious leaks or can I consider moving up?

At the end of June I decided to jump on the bandwagon and join the legion of grizzled limit veterans packing it in and heading for greener pastures in the form of NL 6 max. Results wise so far so good, and I've started to consider when I should move up from $200 NL to the 400 games.

The most surprising thing I've found so far at the 200 level is how easy it is to make money without even really having to craftily stack people that often, just through good solid fundamentals, playing pots in position etc, and most opponents just being awful in general.

I have been 8 tabling 6 max and rarely find myself being put to very tough decisions, because the regular opponents at 200 level don't seem good enough to actually put a move on you. The only guys that will are so awful that it doesn't really matter. Am I right in assuming that when I move up I will have to pay closer attention because people are more keen to exploit multitable TAGs?

Is 20K hands too soon to consider moving up? Bankroll is not an issue nor is anything psychological about the stakes.

Also, are there any obvious leaks in my stats? Any comments appreciated, thanks.

20K hands

VPIP: 26.35
VPIP from SB: 38.02
Folded SB to Steal: 78.65
Folded BB to Steal: 74.06
ASB: 36.85
Won $ WSF: 42.18
Went to SD: 20.10
Won $ @ SD: 48.38
PFR: 16.80
AF total = 2.28
Preflop: 1.53
Flop: 4.83
Turn: 2.89
River: 2.78
BB/100 7.72

FWIW I'm up $5200 and my biggest downswing so far is 6 buyins. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Stats checkup: any obvious leaks or can I consider moving up?

ya, as long as you have the bankroll, you definitly should.

these posts always confuse me though, i mean you can watch the tables or just mix it a couple 400NL sessions. i feel like too many people think once you move up, you have to lock yourself into that limit. I play the majority of my time on 400NL, but if there is a juicy game, i will play 600NL or 200NL.