Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default The Grinder\'s play in Master Class HORSE SNG replay

I was watching his play and Barryg was making comments on it. He plays vety LAG in all games. He has some bizarre loose hand selcection. He also calls dowb paired door cars in stud hi and makes other very loose calldowns. I wonder if he is just a very strong LAG NLHE MYY player who doesm't know how to play HORSE.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: The Grinder\'s play in Master Class HORSE SNG replay

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he is just a very strong LAG NLHE MYY player who doesm't know how to play limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

I was looking for the master class yesterday but couldn't find it. Did they just start running it today? What times (I'm at work and can't access PS from here)?

Yeah, I think Grinder is a holdem player who was playing HORSE on a lark or because Barry asked him to for demonstration purposes. The money probably doesn't mean that much to him.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he is just a very strong LAG NLHE MYY player who doesm't know how to play HORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things often go together. I'm not sure, but doesn't he have a lot of experience with LHE? Either way, I'd have him pegged as a LAGfish in the stud games just from reputation. btw, anyone want to capture some razz HH's from the replay and post them?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 PM

i think mrs grinder was playing quite a bit of it...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think mrs grinder was playing quite a bit of it...

[/ QUOTE ]
From his table chat it seems the mrs signed him up but he was playing, and was in a hurry so he was about as laggy as you can get. Just watched the first rotation of razz in the replay and Supa4real makes a spewish call down all the way to showdown, then Barry gets (A4)5 in the first hand of stud and completes thinking it's still razz [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:33 PM

How does one find these sessions and replays on Stars?

Edit: Appears the only replay was Saturday after I got the brainstorm to google it myself.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he is just a very strong LAG NLHE MYY player who doesm't know how to play HORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things often go together. I'm not sure, but doesn't he have a lot of experience with LHE? Either way, I'd have him pegged as a LAGfish in the stud games just from reputation. btw, anyone want to capture some razz HH's from the replay and post them?

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually did pretty well, finishing 3rd and having a big lead when it got HU. Some of his LAG approach seemed to work.

I had a feeling that he didn't know the games and didn't know how to play limit in general. In fact, his stud hi play seemed the worst of anything. He was calling with middle card hands in O/8. He called raises a lot out of the SB with junk in all games. Maybe some really bad multistreet calldowns. In holdem, he 3-bet an UTG raiser UTG+1 with JTo.

Basically, he played like a typical LAG young Internet MTT pro, who only knew NLHE, but he probably was a strong enough player to do well anyway.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was calling with middle card hands in O/8. He called raises a lot out of the SB with junk in all games. Maybe some really bad multistreet calldowns.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is more than just LAG, it's approaching maniac. I watched some of his O/8 play, and if I can tell you he played awful junk and won with it then it must be pretty obvious.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:13 PM

i have no idea why anyone would try to make sense of plays made by a random fish.