Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: 200NL: KK in Blind v. Blind vs Solid...

felix PM ur sign in name!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
felix PM ur sign in name!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

And um, carrot, not all of us need to be LAG's to win at $120/hr [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 AM

just put in a long session wondering what it was

i'm with carrot here fwiw but it's probably cuz we play way laggier
Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 AM

if people flop sets on me, they are allowed to stack me in 3 bet pots, its like a rule. The fact is, even if you are a nit, people do take shots, this is a battle in the blinds and you have KANGZ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Your thought process is not bad, don't get me wrong, but your thought process is also flawed in that your playing this with almost scared money simply because you are 200 BBs deep. The only hands your getting value from are NOT TT-QQ on the flop. Try more like Any pair, any draw, some random hands that decide to float oop. Your losing to basically 5 hands(AA/98/66/99/88). Your saying this is a well ahead/WB situation. Its not, at all. The board is 986 man, he has plenty of draws that have decent equity, TJ is a very real draw he could have, etc.

One thing though, if your NOT willing to play for stacks, then the flop check makes far more sense. As for raising the river, 2 blanks fall off, your hand looks very marginal, a river raise here is obv a lil thin, but its perfect. He's not just calling with QQ, if that was so, you should be shoving every hand in your range at that point(even including hands that have QQ beat). He very well could have 97 and be like, wtf, your TJ missed and call. Do not underestimate how badly people want to outplay, outcall, and outclass each other at the poker table
Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 AM

To each their own, Fonkey. I mean, I admit that playing vs carrot is teh suck for me. He's damn good and I don't look to play vs him.

That said, I'll give you a hint: It starts with "Sir" and ends in "Cat". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:30 AM

Felix, this has nothing to do with LAG vs TAG vs anything else. This has to do with posting a hand with a thought process that probably has to be slightly different as you move up, change your game, whatever. I might make fun of goofy, but even with as nitty as he is, his lines generally are fundamentally sound and he gets the value he needs/wants even as a nit
Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 AM

Fair enough and maybe I was playing this a little scared being 200NL vs a solid player. I'm not immune I guess.

That said, I have to be honest here in that I don't EVER see ANY 3 bet pots in BvB in which the 3bettor is doing so light.

Keep in mind, I table select pretty goot, so therefore, I'm not going to see those situations that much.

And I am by no means saying that I'm God's gift at 200NL. Hardly, hell, in fact, I know I have a ton to learn, I'm just saying that I dont' think that everyone's UBERAGGRO approach is always correct here.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

By playing this as passive as I did, I think I'm forced to call the river, but I think we're beat here a VAST majority of the time, but I set this up, so you have to pay it off. I think raising the river is pure spew here.

WTF calls us when we raise this river that we beat? Mayyyyyyyyyybe QQ, and that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf you're even thinking about folding the river?

I'd shove the river against anybody remotely decent if I took your line and expect to be called by random pairs. Against an unimaginative nit, sure whatever just call the river since he doesn't have the balls to make a hero call.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 AM

Maybe I wasn't clear...

I have yet to be in a spot this deep, with a solid reg (gomsipjorn btw), in a BvB hand. My bad for not playing it for the utmost value here fellas....
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 AM

Oh wait the decision is between call/fold?!

I thought you were debating between call/push.

I push here a fair bit, but calling is fine.